Metroid: Other M Result of 'Perfect Teamwork' Says Nintendo Producer

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
There's a game play video that recently came out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrAWYvUG8N8

...and, the game looks like it's trying to unite the classic side-scrolling with the prime FPS; a safe merger to appeal to fans of either genre. It looks very cinematic throughout.

There's a couple of scenes in the beginning in her zero suit. I'm sure it pained Team Ninja to make her with only moderately ridiculously large breasts. There's also a scene at the end with her mumbling something. As I feared, the sex appeal and voice work don't seem to add much. Maybe the cutscenes provide more value in that manner. But damn, that game looks sweet. I would have preferred an entirely side-scrolling game though, with tight corridors and such, classic Metroid style.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Monshroud said:
I second the notion that if there are jiggle physics in the Varia Suit (or any other varient) I might give up on the Series.

I don't understand why Samus needs to be attractive? What the hell does her attractiveness have to do with story or gameplay? I don't mind seeing more backstory of Samus and a more personal side, that could be refreshing from the be uber-space hunter, get hit with/by something and lose all the cool stuff, find it all again, kick space pirate ass.

Next we will have a cuddle-fest with Kratos..
She doesn't appear to me a great deal more "hot" or "sexy" compared to retro's incarnation of her. I think the Nintendo people involved would nix any attempt by Tecmo to sexualize her.

I mean, the creator of Bayonetta just said he would be down for working on StarFox, and I don't think he'd put giant tits on Slippy's mama. These people have respect for the source material, so we should lay these concerns to rest.

And incidentally, I think the Samus character is kinda sexy in a way, in her varia suit, lookin' all athletic and healthy and kicking copious amounts of ass without having to jiggle her shit for affirmation.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
CheckD3 said:
A new take on Samus is needed, and since they're already using Ninja Team, why not try and up the story a bit. Make her a model for women in gaming, since she started the woman character movement almost.

I don't care that she's a woman, and think that a new take on her is needed, I'm excited to see what they're going to do with her, especially since they've got the Prime trilogy to match up to and surpass as a franchise. It's like if God of War III was only sub-par to God of War II, it's a competent game, but makes the franchise more dull because of it

PSSSSH, stopped reading peoples' comments at this one. Team Ninja is the WORST company to make "models for women in gaming." They're sexist pricks. And I don't normally mention sexism against women, because sexism against men is so much more prevalent, but they're REALLY bad about it.

Johnny Cain

Apr 18, 2010
It's going to be something unique if nothing else. A franchise with a rich history and a development team with a star studded portfolio.
The promise of an expanded narrative is... something to remember for when the time comes I guess. Metroid hasn't relied on heavy storytelling, like ever, and it's one of the leading action/adventure franchises around. It will be nice to see a new direction though.

And bronco-busting space pirates and giving Ridley a DDT sound awesome.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Gaming King said:
CheckD3 said:
A new take on Samus is needed, and since they're already using Ninja Team, why not try and up the story a bit. Make her a model for women in gaming, since she started the woman character movement almost.

I don't care that she's a woman, and think that a new take on her is needed, I'm excited to see what they're going to do with her, especially since they've got the Prime trilogy to match up to and surpass as a franchise. It's like if God of War III was only sub-par to God of War II, it's a competent game, but makes the franchise more dull because of it

PSSSSH, stopped reading peoples' comments at this one. Team Ninja is the WORST company to make "models for women in gaming." They're sexist pricks. And I don't normally mention sexism against women, because sexism against men is so much more prevalent, but they're REALLY bad about it.
I'm talking about Nintendo, I'm sure they have SOME handle on Samus as a character, and Team Ninja I'm sure knows they can't give Samus some larger breasts, since Nintendo would axe the project faster than straight to movie DVD goes to the dollar bin

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
CheckD3 said:
I'm talking about Nintendo, I'm sure they have SOME handle on Samus as a character, and Team Ninja I'm sure knows they can't give Samus some larger breasts, since Nintendo would axe the project faster than straight to movie DVD goes to the dollar bin
Well, Sakurai might've increased the size of Samus's bewbs. They look extremely big in Brawl.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Alright, if this is any indication of the game's potential, I'm willing to give it a shot.