MGG=REVIEWS-HITMAN:BLOOD MONEY (XBOX360)

MGG=REVIEWS

Dec 2, 2007
MGG=REVIEWS' Review of Hitman: Blood Money

The hitman series was a successful series. We have probably all played a Hitman game at some point and edios have made quite a lot of money from this franchise. I am going to review Hitman: Blood Money.

We left off in the last story with 47 being chased by the police and having to run for his life. This time, however, he has found an old abandoned hideout where he stays for the whole of the game. In this hideout, he has to assassinate every target he is payed to kill, not knowing that a new hitman organisation is on his tail and every man he kills gets them closer to there goal.
Also a few questions are answered in this sequel:
Why was 47 shot?
Why did they raid his apartment?
But they don't just give you the answers, you need to study every aspect of the story to find them.

Gameplay is the same as before and that is why you will carry on playing the game 'til you finish with gaming. It still has the automatic kills for example: holding down the garrotte wire button while behind a person's back will kill them automatically.
There are also more structures to climb so you can get to a better viewpoint or to get to your target unnoticed.

The graphics for the 360 version are better than the graphics for other versions. Now, the 360 version offers - what I like to call - "The Bullet Hole",
That is to say that if you fire at someone, a bullet wound will appear where you have shot them. This makes the game feel more realistic.

The Hitman series has something that no other stealth games can offer. Being able to do a mission the way you want to. The game doesn't base itself on routine, I.E. take this route, kill this guy with this gun, and we'll call that a wrap; Instead you can move in the shadows and not be detected at all, or go in all guns blazing. Each move you make has a consequence.
The more you kill the less money you get at the end. Not everybody has to die (although knowing most gamers today, everyone probably will, so I won't go on about it).

The AI has improved from the last game as well. Contracts would make guards miss a dead body just because it was in another room. Blood money offers guards who will hunt you down after every kill, putting the pressure on you. We have probably all had a moment in our gaming lives when we are just about to complete a hard level and then - BAM! - You get killed and have to start it again. That is the guards will eventually do. Just when you're about to kill your main guy they, will find you and pretty much mince you.

After each mission you also get rated on how well you did, getting paid based on it. In Blood Money you pay to have your mistakes cleaned up and to buy weapon upgrades,(trust me, there is nothing better than coming back to a level with to revolver that sends guards flying), . Furthermore, at the end of the mission, you get to see the newspaper which shows what the cops found out, how many witnesses there were and which weapon you used the most.

Hitman blood money does create a good atmosphere for a game of stealth and has a great story which hopefully does not bring about an end to this great series.
For this game I would give 8/10

Hitman: Blood Money By Edios

Review by MGG=REVIEWS, Edited by.. Someone

Zoidbergio

Oct 4, 2007
I never felt the need to play any hitman game, but I'm sure that if I had, your review would be hilarious.

qbert4ever

Dec 14, 2007
Bravo. you have finally started making decent reviews.
aside from a few tiny grammer errors, it was a very well put together review,
and I can tell that you are starting to find your own voice.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing from you in the
future.

sathie

Dec 19, 2007
MGG-REVIEWS said:
Gameplay is the same as before and that is why you will carry on playing the game 'til you finish with gaming
holy crap?! :p

Your reviews have definitely improved with the help of "Someone" editing them. It still feels a little too prone to error though. Things like Eidos should be spelled correctly, and some sentences are still very bizarre.

MGG-REVIEWS said:
You get killed and have to start it again. That is the guards will eventually do. Just when you're about to kill your main guy they, will find you and pretty much mince you.
Is that a given? I can't imagine it is. Surely there's a way to do it that does not alert the guards to your activities?

Using things like "What I like to call 'the bullet hole'" for things that are actually called... bullet holes? Bullet wounds? ...

It just needs some more refininement, some more thought, and some more life added to it. Give us things like "the bumbling guards in the previous installment were dumbfounded if you moved a dead body a few metres away into another room. Fortunately in Blood Money the A.I has really been stepped up a notch and is no longer so easily trickable. Littering a level with corpses will soon have an army of security guards close on your heels."

You're definitely going in the right direction, congrats MGG.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Daaamn, very nice improvement. Can't think of anything to really flame about.

Annom

Nov 7, 2007
Good review, I played and beat blood money on the pc... it wreaked of averageness. I found myself more often then not going into a "Screw it" mode and killing everyone/thing in the most brutal of fashions, trying to kill the targets without being seen time and time again just wares on me. Never the less the game was enjoyable and once you figure out how to kill the target(s) without being seen its really easy. The game's most biggest flaw is the lack of reply value.

Gremlyn

Dec 29, 2007
Wait, you're 12, aren't those games 18 rated? :eek:

Only thing I can think to flame, argh, losing my touch :<

excessum ado

Dec 27, 2007
"The Hitman series has something that no other stealth games can offer. Being able to do a mission the way you want to. "

I have to argue this point as assassins creed allowed you to do each misison anyway you want. You could infiltrate your targets location by blending in with people,charging in the front door, sword drawn and cut down every guard or you could stick to the rooftops and evade detection.

MGG=REVIEWS

Dec 2, 2007
excessum ado said:
"The Hitman series has something that no other stealth games can offer. Being able to do a mission the way you want to. "

I have to argue this point as assassins creed allowed you to do each misison anyway you want. You could infiltrate your targets location by blending in with people,charging in the front door, sword drawn and cut down every guard or you could stick to the rooftops and evade detection.
ye but blood money you can kill your target without getting seen. also in blood money you can upgrade your weapons and get new ones really your stuck with the basic weapons through the entire game.
so just making a piont, i ges HMBM story is the same as AC story.

excessum ado

Dec 27, 2007
The stories are nothing alike. And you do get more weapons in Assassins creed aswell as new techniques. HMBM has almost exclusively guns that all work the same way where as the weapons in AC have different attacks, speeds, kill animations etc. I know this becasue I have finished both Assassins creed and Hitman Blood money.

MGG=REVIEWS

Dec 2, 2007
excessum ado said:
The stories are nothing alike. And you do get more weapons in Assassins creed aswell as new techniques. HMBM has almost exclusively guns that all work the same way where as the weapons in AC have different attacks, speeds, kill animations etc. I know this becasue I have finished both Assassins creed and Hitman Blood money.
i have. the storys are the same but are put in a differnt directoin. like lets say 47 kills and discover that each man he kills a organisation is tracking him and at the end kill the man and altier (plz say i spellte that right) each man he kill he finds an his brotherhood was betrayed by there leader AKA-the master
so bothe leaders betrayed there brotherhoods
HMBM-DIANA
AC-THE MASTER

Projekt Spartan

Dec 19, 2007
Hell of a good review. At least compared to your other attempts. A few minor spelling errors and strange sentences, but nothing as bad as yor others. That being said, i still think it could use some improvement content-wise, but keep it up, you are definttelt improving with the help of "someone".

sathie

Dec 19, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Would very much like to know who 'someone' is, but ah well.
This guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/someone] I think :)

MGG=REVIEWS

Dec 2, 2007
no his/hers name is not someone they put someone to keep there name sectret.
well i dont really know why they did it. but it there privacy.

Gigantor

Dec 26, 2007
My complements to the chef...I mean, the editor, masked crusader that he is. Certainly significantly more coherent than your previous efforts (although it's all relative). Like Sathie said, though, you seem to pick up on some bizarre details of the game (I've never encountered someone so ready to judge the merit of a game by the presence or absence of 'bullet holes') which aren't really relevant, even in a tangential sense. You also seem to imply that the AI is somehow improved from Contracts, where they would 'miss a dead body just because it was in another room.' It could just be me, but I quite like the AI to not possess second sight as what's going on in other rooms - being set upon by an army of security guards for no reason, just as I'm about to complete an objective, isn't my idea of a good time.

Still, if your reviews continue to improve at this pace then you'll be kicking the shit out of T.S.Eliot within a fortnight.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Gigantor said:
Still, if your reviews continue to improve at this pace then you'll be kicking the shit out of T.S.Eliot within a fortnight.
Or fourteen days. Which ever comes first.