MGS: Rising May Have Problems in Japan

AxelxGabriel

Nov 13, 2009
Ok, I hope someone wouldn't mind explaining this to me.

How is it this country could have a taboo against dismemberment, with all the EXACT same stuff and worse on any violent manga/anime. I don't even need to name one in particular, just name anyone and I'm sure they've got worse then limbchopping.

No GD sense.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
TheGreenManalishi said:
There's a fair amount of dismemberment in fighting mangas. Hell, I can think of a few times in Dragon Ball Z when people lost limbs and such. Maybe it's the photorealistic dismemberment that is the issue.
When I saw Elfen Lied they went through limbs like no one's business.
Japan is an odd place...
Yeah exactly, WTF Japan?

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
After that video I am praying for an unabridged copy of this game as originally intended. Do want. I neeeeeeds!

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
tehroc said:
Kojima says japanese gaming is dead. Kojima is stating he find his culture too restricting to realize his dreams. It seems to me the next logical step would be for Kojima (I know there's a language barrier there, but a translator can fix that issue) to work for a western company. This would allow him to meld eastern ideas and western ideas into a solid masterpiece enjoyed by all.
This is his goal, from what I could understand about what he said last year (I forgot whether it was E3 or on GDC, or whatever big event that was).

---EDIT---
Baneat said:
Jezzascmezza said:
Chopping people up however you want looks like one of the most appealing things in this game, so taking that out could be pretty disappointing.
As an Australian, I'm also hoping this makes it into my country. (Fingers crossed)
That's absolutely disgusting.
I can't decide if he (or she) meant that... It can be easily a typo for "appalling".

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
It's usually Microsoft's fault when a game has wayyy too much gore or violence. Nintendo is always the cause of kiddy games, and Sony tries wayy too hard with graphics.

That's what I feel anyway.
You do know what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever? By that logic the massive amounts of gore in God of War 3, Madworld and Manhunt 2 is Microsoft's fault.

Or this could totally be Konami's call. If you checked their press conference, there's a reason why they've done strange, strange things lately. They're having a bit of a crisis.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Woe Is You said:
Pendragon9 said:
It's usually Microsoft's fault when a game has wayyy too much gore or violence. Nintendo is always the cause of kiddy games, and Sony tries wayy too hard with graphics.

That's what I feel anyway.
You do know what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever? By that logic the massive amounts of gore in God of War 3, Madworld and Manhunt 2 is Microsoft's fault.

Or this could totally be Konami's call. If you checked their press conference, there's a reason why they've done strange, strange things lately. They're having a bit of a crisis.
That's why I said "usually." There are exceptions to what I thought.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Anybody else kinda think of Raiden as the bad guy? I mean that shit was brutal. If you're a PMC and you're seeing your buddies being sliced up into bacon strips wouldn't you at some point think 'RUN AWAY AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! GOD HELP ME, GOD HELP ME!!!!!'