Michael Jackson The Experience Sold Way Better Than Anyone Thought It Would

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
U can put MJ's face on anything now and im pretty sure people will buy...anything imean have u seen how rabid his Fans are. plump his fase on a can of battery acid and im pretty sure theyre will be a mile line oh people ready to buy it.

shell517nj

Jan 7, 2011
Great game. I can now cancel my gym membership. I get a great workout dancing my "a" off. lol. nice glove too. Long live the King of Pop!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
ok
i´m a 25 years old male, i live in México, and i loved the songs of michael jackson (some even where translated to spanish and sung by our own king of pop, Luis Miguel)

and i have to say i would probably buy this for the PSM

I like dancing and singing, and this seems like a good game to play, i never really cared about the "pedofile" thing (i actually thought they were trying to cash out of an already succesfull artist) but own oppinions appart he was a great artist and it would be nice to play as him.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I had a little go on this game recently and I've got to say I had a lot of fun with it and I'm not suprised it is enjoying good sales figures.

Whether or not you think it's disrespectful to have a dead celebrity endorsing a product is kind of irrelevent in cases like this. This game felt more like a tribute than a cash in.

It's dance mechanics are well implemented and a lot of effort went into it's design, the gameplay isn't perfect but then again it's better than most wii games i've played.

Dancing games are not new to the world and given the latest bout of motion-controlled interfaces, games like these are going to become more and more predominant in the casual game market. The idea that Michael's music and legacy should be laid to rest is nonsense! Should they have stopped putting on performances of Shakespeare's plays because he died? Of course not, and this should be no exception. MJ was a supremely gifted performer and this game I think helps to paint a more positive light on his career with a sole focus on the dancing and singing for which he became world famous for. I think a lot of this negativity comes from those young'ens who weren't around when Jackson was still in his prime, those who were knew how special he was then and after his death didn't need a Media-driven 180 to discover it.

Though i'm not rushing out to buy it for myself (dancing is not something i'm particularly fond of), I can see a lot of potential for similar games focusing on more than just dead popstars. There is a whole host of West End Musicals, Film musicals and Bollywood films which would make a solid impact on the casual game market... Just because John Travolta is another scientology nut jub with a failing career doesn't mean you can't find hundreds of thousands of people out there willing to pay to pull of 'those' dance moves from Saturday Night Fever.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Now where the hell is a Tom Waits game? Seriously, rooster scratching to Chocolate Jesus, I would probably buy a Kinect for that.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Greg Tito said:
tomtom94 said:
Erm...any actual sales figures?

In reality though, this is disappointing. This paves the way for further popstars' graves and the spitting upon thereof. :(
Two million copies. It's in the post.
Ah, I think I was tired and not looking hard enough then. I thought it was just going on the words of the chief exec...

I'm going to put those high figures down to the Christmas rush.

TailsRodrigez

Nov 13, 2009
To everyone claiming this is "spitting on his grave": please stop, its annoying. some of the people buying these games buy them because they interest them, and some because they love Michael Jackson (so it would be the opposite of dishonoring because it is out a a love for his music). Besides, its not like if Michael was still alive he would stop production of the game, its no less offensive than any other piece of merchandise.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
fantastic! love his music and you can't go wrong by learning the dance moves to the songs. \o/ might give me a reason to pick up the move when its out for the PS3.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
TailsRodrigez said:
To everyone claiming this is "spitting on his grave": please stop, its annoying. some of the people buying these games buy them because they interest them, and some because they love Michael Jackson (so it would be the opposite of dishonoring because it is out a a love for his music). Besides, its not like if Michael was still alive he would stop production of the game, its no less offensive than any other piece of merchandise.
Plus, Michael loved videogames. I strongly suspect he would have been overjoyed to think of how many people are now standing in their living room dancing to his music and (in my own case over Christmas at least) having fun together as a family.

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Radoh said:
Great, now we get to deal with two things.
1. More games like this will now flood the market.
2. Michael Jackson will still be trotted around stage despite being dead for a while now. Guys, let him rest in peace already.
I concur. To ad further, anything with Michael Jackson name will sell well for while. It's just a cheap trick Ubisoft is pulling.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Proof that dead pop singers = good game sales...

Prepare for market saturation...
COMPLETE...MARKET...SATURATION...

OT:

If they EVER do any kinda game with James Brown, I'll flip. The Hardest Working Man in Show Business finally got a chance to rest...

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Seriously people, bitching about the sales of this game being attributed to Michael Jackson's fame is going to get you nowhere. I've seen and played more dancing games than the bulk of the haters out there, and I can tell you with complete certainty that MJE is by far the most fun I never thought I'd have flailing around like a spaz.

Developers: You know you're onto something when a room full of a dozen or so people excitedly engages with your content, even though there's only 4 controllers to actually play the game. (@2:40)
[video=2508]

Juliamon

Bus with me, Cthulhu!
Jul 28, 2010
My friend got this game and Just Dance 2 for Christmas, and to be perfectly honest we've played this one a lot more. She's a huge MJ fan, I'm more of a take-it-or-leave-it on his music, but it's still damn fun for both of us. Maybe it's just something you have to play to really appreciate (which I'm sure most of you won't, because it's easier to knock on something you've never spent any time with).