Michelle McLaren Will Direct Wonder Woman - Update

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
Grabehn said:
ryukage_sama said:
Gotta give it to you, I actually laughed.

The problem here is that you're mixing up animation with live action movies. When I asked "what DC movies" I meant related to this subject, which is Live Action Wonder Woman. And all DC has done lately with live action super hero movies is... well.
Why would you think that an animated Wonder Woman movie is less relevant to this discussion than films from Legendary Pictures? Should I have mentioned Linda Carter's performance as Wonder Woman? Just because Warner Bros. production decisions are predictable doesn't mean they're not disappointing, especially when they're simultaneously producing more enjoyable animated films.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
zvate said:
You know the more I hear of a certain type of criticism for Wonderwomen the more I become convinced that perfect storybook adherence to the cannon or a complex and multi-faceted story or character are not the direction it actually benefits from going. Underworld with armored tanktop really might be good enough. Hot boobs kicking butt may not be the most respected sub-genre but its has kind of been Wonderwomen?s bread and butter for the last 60ish years. Despite her eccentricities Wonderwomen does not seem to me to be a particularly complex character and I don?t want to watch her drown in emotional baggage or deal with angst issues the same way superman has. I just hope the director creates a celebration of the ass-kicking lady that is worth the price of admission...
I'd be fine with just an action movie, really. But I would love to see some interesting world-building with the amazons and maybe some culture-shock, similar to Marvel's Thor.

Also a female villain, please?
Female on female fight scenes that are filmed the same way men vs men fight would be?

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
It must be noted, that no matter how good of a job she does or how good the movie turns out, they still practiced blatant sexual discrimination in the staffing of this project. While the law protects sexist practices in entertainment as far as the actors or even waitresses in a restaurant, it does not extend to the rest of the staff as far as I'm aware. Looking only at certain candidates based on their sex should never be an acceptable practice again and I hope society will eventually reach a point where that's upheld.

But at the end of the day, Wonder Woman is a terribly difficult movie to make. If they pull it off then kudos to them. But I still consider her one of the lamest heroes of all time and their decision to only hire a director based on sexual discrimination an atrocious act worthy of legal ramifications.