Microsoft Band, HoloLens Dev Kit, and Xbox One Ad News, Oh My

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Microsoft Band, HoloLens Dev Kit, and Xbox One Ad News, Oh My

Microsoft has revealed an updated Microsoft Band, the cost of a HoloLens Dev kit, and a commercial showing off the Xbox One's exclusive games for Christmas.

A Windows 10 event in New York City today revealed some new details from the various divisions within the tech giant, including the Microsoft Band, the HoloLens and Xbox One.

A quick synopsis of the news:

Xbox One: Microsoft unveiled a new ad for the console showing off the exclusive games coming this fall and for the holiday season, including Halo 5: Guardians, Forza 6, and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. The ad is scheduled to debut later this week.

Microsoft Band: The event revealed the latest incarnation of the band, which is billed as a lifestyle device similar to the Apple Watch. Changes to the design make it look a bit sleeker than its predecessor. The band will go on sale on October 30 for $249, but pre-orders are set to begin today. Microsoft revealed that Uber will be one of the main partners for the device.

HoloLens: The dev kit for the HoloLens will be coming in Q1 2016 for $3,000. Also, Microsoft showed off something called Project Xray, which turns your house into a virtual game environment.

The event is still going on, and you can watch the Livestream here [http://www.microsoft.com/october2015event/en-us/live-event].

Source: Microsoft [http://www.microsoft.com/october2015event/en-us/live-event]

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
When I hear "Microsoft Band", I'm sitting here thinking that it's going to be similar to Rock Band, but release for XbOne and PC. Not that it's some sort of digi-watch. New name needed! "The MS Watch" sounds far better. Or "Wrist Window" sounds great too. Even "Windows Go" (sounds like a cheap superhero shout out, but still works).

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
When I hear "Microsoft Band", I'm sitting here thinking that it's going to be similar to Rock Band, but release for XbOne and PC. Not that it's some sort of digi-watch. New name needed! "The MS Watch" sounds far better. Or "Wrist Window" sounds great too. Even "Windows Go" (sounds like a cheap superhero shout out, but still works).
Funny I had the same thought, "Microsoft Band, is that some new game?"
Glad to see xbox one naming personel are still well employed.