Microsoft Beats Sony in Motion Control Battle-Royale 2010

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Chrono212 said:
Catchy Slogan said:
Chrono212 said:
Catchy Slogan said:
Chrono212 said:
I was in an HMV over the Christmas period in Piccadilly Circus and it had a notice outside saying 'Limited Supply of Xbox Kinect' which I was genuinely surprised at.

I have yet to use one but...it just looks [insert derogatory statement about motion controls here].
My brother has one, and you have no idea how funny it is seeing a bunch of drunk people all trying to play on the Kinect.
But the key question is:
Where you also drunk? ;)
Pffft! No! Where would you get a crazy idea like that from? Me? Drunk at a new years party? Bah!
<.<
Who told you!!!
The animals. They know things. Things that would make you loose your mind. o_o
If you want to hear what they have to say... [sub]you have to...[sub][sub][sub] Loose your own mind =^_^=[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Meh, I lost that years ago. Along with some loose change. Having it only gave me the gift of rational thinking and really, who needs that?

Hm, The captcha for this was 'raining cats and dogs'. o_o That can't be a coincidence! It must be true!

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
This is not surpising news to me. The Move is for the most part an upgraded Wii, and there hasn't been any "killer apps" for it. Microsoft did a much better job promoting the device as appealing to kids through adults and that seems to have paid off.

LordSphinx

Apr 14, 2009
It costs around 56$ to make a Kinect, and they sell it for around 150 (source: an article I saw on kotaku). Let's say that considering the retailer's cut and shipping, Microsoft makes around 75$ in profits per sale, which is enormous for a new tech. Even if we substract the 500 millions spent in marketing, they still made 100 millions of profit in a few months. That's a lot of money for a risky product. Besides, pretty much everybody who bought a Kinect won't buy Move anytime soon, and that counts for a lot in their strategy, I'm sure.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Pendragon9 said:
Easy on crying troll there. You seem to forget Kinect is based on the Power Glove and Virtual Boy combined, so they didn't innovate either.
Seriously, you should hurry home, I think a goat is crossing your bridge.

Xbox 360 Kinect console bundles outsold PS3 Move console bundles by 5:1."

To add insult to injury, the top two bestselling Kinect titles sold 13 times more copies than the best two Move games, Pachter pointed out.
I'd love to see the Kevin Butler ad on that one.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Not surprised. I've seen Walmarts, Target and GameStops that have been sold out of Kinects. Once Christmas time came, it seemed as though everyone swooped on the Kinect.