Microsoft Cancels Fable Legends, Proposes Closure of Lionhead Studios

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
tiamat5 said:
Their lies, half truths and exaggeration about their games finally caught up with them? About time.
Since the departure of Peter, Lionhead have been pretty tight-lipped about ANYTHING regarding their games honestly. Leaving publishing to deal with any marketing.

And EA and Microsoft have put them to task doing some pretty inane stuff. I know this sounds like fan speculation but I AM literally down the road from the studio, walk past it daily. I know people (well, one) who work there, disillusionment from higher up orders has been rampant. They've wanted to be 100% focused on fable legends but just haven't been. It's a sorry state of affairs. (obviously not going to rat out my source since this was over drinks and I don't want to hurt their future job prospects if this goes through and they're let go)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
This is baffling. Legends has had a lot of money pumped into it and has been heavily used in advertising for the X1, and Lionhead is one of the few studios making exclusives for Microsoft.

Seems like a real shot in the foot to me.

EDIT: So apparently, Lionhead wasn't told about this whole thing until about five hours before the announcement was made public. http://www.gamesradar.com/heres-wha...e-legends-lionhead-last-week/?tag=grsocial-20

ShogunGino

Oct 27, 2008
This makes me kind of sad. I always thought the Fable games were at least interesting to play, despite the flaws each of them had. I even enjoyed the third one. I've been interested in Black and White, but have never given it a try yet. I've always kinda thought of them kind of like Bethesda, in that their games are usually buggy when launched, but I have a good time playing what they have to offer anyway. Of course, the scale of their games are nowhere near Bethesda level, I'm just saying. It would be sad to see them go, but, despite my usual semi-optimistic 'wait and see, it might be fine' mentality, I do not trust modern Microsoft to handle this all that well.

Jan 19, 2016
According to "The Know" on YouTube (https://youtube.com/watch?v=5CsGkCW-Acs), the Windows UWP/UWA debacle may have had a role in Fable Legends' demise.