Microsoft Denies It is Working on Improving Kinect Accuracy

Pocotron

Mar 16, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
To that Microsoft, I fold my arms.

Points to whoever gets what I mean.

Calumon: Jack took me round to his friends and let me have a go. It wouldn't recognise me. : (
Is it Regular Show? Are ya pissed off, man?

OT: Now, why would anyone come out and say they are not going to be working on something to make it better?! Instead of trying to put a "positive" spin on it (which they failed at doing so) why wouldn't they say "Oh, we'll get on that". Boggles my mind

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Pocotron said:
Jack and Calumon said:
To that Microsoft, I fold my arms.

Points to whoever gets what I mean.

Calumon: Jack took me round to his friends and let me have a go. It wouldn't recognise me. : (
Is it Regular Show? Are ya pissed off, man?
More along the lines of being Smug actually. It was relevant smugness rather than a pop culture reference. No-one's going to get it, but try folding your arms when using Kinect. Your character will then get confused to say the least. When I did it his arms stretched out backwards. With my friend, his character facepalmed.

Calumon: When I do it, it wants someone to step in the Camera area.

Lucifer dern

Jun 11, 2010
KEM10 said:
Lucifer dern said:
Please correct me if any thing here I state as fact is infact opinion or bollocks,
but I belive Kinect is never going to get good games
why?
well a good game for kinect would have to be designed specificly for kinnect
so it wouldnt work with a controler, and probiably not even playstation move
so a good kinect game would have to be an exclusive within an exclusive
exclusive to x-box 360, only with kinect.
so any game that isn't basicly shovel ware, as in costs money to make, will ever not be all that inovative and simply use kinnect to forfil functions a controller could feel just as easily fill, or not sit well with publishers...

so with this as well, in my mind thats 2 reasons not to buy kinect atleast for 6 months.
Suda 51 is making a game exclusively for the Kinect.

The problem with your idea is that these games take time and developers don't want to rush in and make a game for a peripheral while it is still in early development. That is why Play Station took Heavy Rain and made it Move compatible as well as some other games, they were trying to make that first year of crap seem not as bad with a new way to play older games. Just wait a year and then try that statement.
its not that I dont think the games will get made, I dont think it will be finacialy viabel. and my ending state ment said, "atleast for 6 months" cos as you can tell from my wording, I'm not 100% sure, it just seems like a massive hurdle, but hell they sold millions of the creepy cyborg cam things...so I'm definitly intrested in finding out whats going to happen.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Well now we know why we didn't get the Finger Puppet Brawler that looked like, and still looks like, the only good game that Kinect would have. It's because Microsoft is lazy.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
So they've admitted that they aren't currently working on improving Kinect? Bad decision, mates...
Shush you. There is nothing wrong with admitting you need improvement.
Eh, still probably not gonna play it /;