Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Pfft, this sounds like a joke. Did they let the guy who decided to make x1 into a tv console out of his cage again?

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Phew. OK. I'm interested in the One X again.

Honestly, I don't play on line so it is very hard to justify the $5 a month. The free games help me justify it to myself (I actually got it just for my boy... and he doesn't really use it anymore!)

It is my understanding that your free games from Games for Gold are yours whether you have Gold/Game Pass or not. Games that you got through Game Pass are not yours and therefore you would lose access to them if you lost your Game Pass subscription (I downloaded a Game Pass game that was leaving GP because I wanted to see what would happen; it wouldn't allow me to play it, stating I don't own that game). But I am not 100% on that (and this is assuming I understood what you were asking).

Having an instant library is great (and it's allowed me to play some games I probably wouldn't have ever played like "My Friend Pedro" because there's no risk in just trying it with GP) but I just don't go through games quick enough to really need a huge instant library. I have a backlog as it is of games that I buy on sale and I will keep building that library up as games that I wanted to play drop down to the $20 spots.

But May 2022 is still a decent way away so maybe I'll change my mind once I'm looking down the barrel of losing Game Pass...
I think if my Live lapses and I rejoin, I get access to the games again. But, from their site:

1. Active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership required to play free games you’ve redeemed. Restrictions Apply.

So....

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Ughh, how do big company not see this coming from a mile away? Did they really think people would just accept it and shrug?
Was wondering this myself. They just cost themselves one and a half metric assloads of goodwill, and for what? Did nobody in their boardroom think, even for a second, "maybe now isn't the best time for this"?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Was wondering this myself. They just cost themselves one and a half metric assloads of goodwill, and for what? Did nobody in their boardroom think, even for a second, "maybe now isn't the best time for this"?
I'm sure in their minds, they thought they were doing everyone a favor by jumping the price up so that everyone would pay attention to what an AWESOME DEAL Game Pass is.

I'm not sure if this was their line of thinking before taking all those hits of cocaine, during all the hits of cocaine, or after they were crashing from all their hits on cocaine though.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Another reason to avoid Xbox. They’re making it pretty easy, actually.

I suppose they need to pay for that 7.5 billion Zenimax investment somehow.

*edit* so they “just” announced reversing it what, four days ago?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan