Microsoft Giving Freebies to Broken Master Chief Collection Early Adopters

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Hairless Mammoth said:
Also, they would have to put in some extra effort to optimize the collection for PC.
Not that they would actually go and do that of course. Microsoft isn't that conscientious.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
VincentX3 said:
ecoho said:
VincentX3 said:
ecoho said:
VincentX3 said:
This is starting to become a trend.

Releasing broken shit on the market then giving away free stuff to apologize.
Not saying that free stuff is bad obviously, but how about making sure your product works before releasing it? (Yes I'm still looking at you AC:U )

Just my 2cents.
the difference is people could still play the single player campaign with no problems were as AC:U is so buggy that even if they gave it away people would still not play it.
The difference is both games should have been playable from the start instead of having to resort too apologies, patches and giving away free stuff.

The difference is that the Halo collection is what it is, a collection of older titles that should have been easy enough for the original company to port them to next gen with little to no problems. Unlike AC:U where it was really a whole new engine based on next-gen.

(It's still not an excuse to forgive it, but there's a difference between what should have been a port of older titles to a next-gen single player campaign)
that's just it though the game it self worked fine beautifully in fact it just its online component that went to shit.(and no I don't count the online multiplayer as part of the game as it wasn't online at the start of the series just something added in later down the road because it seemed like a good idea and was)
I guess what im trying to say is even if you couldn't play the multiplayer the single player was good enough to make up for that short coming, were as AC:U is just bad no matter how you play it.

these are my opinions of course and as such may not be the same for everyone:)
I see what you're saying, and while I don't disagree that the single player portion of a collection of older titles works, they still messed up the ENTIRE multiplayer portion of the collection.

As in, not a map or two with a few bugs, but the full thing all together.
How does that pass through testing? I'm certain if anyone tested this before release they would notice when an ENTIRE PORTION of their game doesn't work.

So yes, the single player can work just fine, and any game will have bugs for example, but then there's this.
All in all, if a company this big is going to re-release there games for next-gen, this shouldn't be acceptable, free gifts or not.
ok two things I generally forgive are;
1. anything dealing with online aspects of a game if they are just one piece of a larger whole. Lets face it you can test a game for months and not have problems till launch due to the fact that you can only have so many people playing at once without releasing the game. now this would be different if this was say titan fall or hell COD because both those game rely solely on their multiplayer for sells and as such devote pretty much all of their testing time to just that aspect.

2. anything remade by a different studio for a new platform. Remember this is their first time dealing with this type of multiplayer as there is a big difference between halo 2 and halo 4s multiplayers respectfully. then take into account that they had to have different servers for the XB one then they were using for the 360 just to handle the higher graphics and you've got an idea of why this issues happened.

oh and to the guy who said his single player part of the game broke sorry to hear that but never happened to me or anyone I know so IDK maybe you just had rotten luck. Hope it works well now:)

Gali

Nov 19, 2009
truckspond said:
Since all 4 halo games are now running on the same system architecture as the PC then why are they not releasing Halo 3 and 4 for PC to complement the Halo 1 and 2 PC versions?
Simple, it's because they have a console to sell.

Pretty neat stuff overall, though I don't get why they remaster a map that is shit for 4v4 combat. But as long as we don't have to deal with it in HCS it's fine. IMO Ivory Tower would be the better candidate. Sadly, Midship is out of the question since it will be included in H5 says 343. Also, holy shit ODST was my favorite Halo campaign. Really liked how the storytelling worked in that game.

So yeah.. I'm not that angry about the MCC debacle anymore. Halo CE netcode got fixed to near LAN level in the latest update so I can have my fun now. Plus, putting so many different games together, WITH multiplayer, must be a pain in the ass to work on. No one ever did this before.Though I'm not going to preorder H5. Partly because of the MCC launch, partly because I am not that hyped about another Halo with sprint... and with ADS on top. Yes they nerfed both mechanics compared to other shooters using them, but old fashioned me can't imagine those mechanics in a game that wants to be an arena FPS. At least the Beta will be worth something, since it is not a promo event a few months before launch.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Selling Broken Games, seems 2014 has a rich harvest of delightful behavior of the game developers.

Lets work on it that this won't happen in 2015, or at least not with so many big AAA games. That a greenlight Indie game runs bad well, hello Greenlight. But these AAA projects running so bar, what a delightful thing to see. It will make it even better to see them bow and crawl through the dust to get trust back.

2015 will hopefully have none of these issues. But 2014 is a great cautionary tale against pre-ordering. And also against pushing out games when they are not ready.

Halo MCC still not working right both in single as multiplayer and AC:U well, maybe it runs in 2 months. Up to a 2015 without these issues shall we. Just because you can patch things doesn't means you ought to be REQUIRED to offer basic functionality.

Mmm does that freeby takes away the right to complain?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
On one hand its nice that they are trying to fix it on the other all of this should have been done BEFORE the release.

Is 2014 really going down in history as that year where all major publishers competed on who can release the most broken game?