Microsoft Grabs Rise of the Tomb Raider in Xbox Exclusive - Update

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
LysanderNemoinis said:
While it's no where near as big as something like Halo or Mario, imagine if both of those series had jumped ship to PS4.
Yes, I can imagine it. PS4 fans would gloat and brag about how now they are such a powerful console master race, that even games are fleeing from their pitiful peasant competitors towards them. Or is it too far fetched?

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
CaitSeith said:
Whatislove said:
While it's no where near as big as something like Halo or Mario, imagine if both of those series had jumped ship to PS4.
Yes, I can imagine it. PS4 fans would gloat and brag about how now they are such a powerful console master race, that even games are fleeing from their pitiful peasant competitors towards them. Or is it too far fetched?
You've quoted the wrong person there, that was a quote I quoted from someone else but I do think that is a little far fetched.

I might have a skewed perspective because I enjoy both Sony and Nintendo (I don't hate Microsoft or anything though, I predominantly game on a Windows PC and I have an Xbox 360).

I don't think making a long-time multi-platform series console exclusive could ever be considered a good thing.

Even Bayonetta 2 which isn't a long running series being Nintendo exclusive isn't a good thing, but the difference there is that Nintendo didn't hand over a truckload of money to get the exclusive, without Nintendo agreeing to publish Bayonetta 2, we would not have Bayonetta 2... the same can not be said about this Tomb Raider sequel and I doubt the same could ever be said for a Halo or Mario game.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Whatislove said:
CaitSeith said:
Whatislove said:
You've quoted the wrong person there, that was a quote I quoted from someone else but I do think that is a little far fetched.

I might have a skewed perspective because I enjoy both Sony and Nintendo (I don't hate Microsoft or anything though, I predominantly game on a Windows PC and I have an Xbox 360).

I don't think making a long-time multi-platform series console exclusive could ever be considered a good thing.

Even Bayonetta 2 which isn't a long running series being Nintendo exclusive isn't a good thing, but the difference there is that Nintendo didn't hand over a truckload of money to get the exclusive, without Nintendo agreeing to publish Bayonetta 2, we would not have Bayonetta 2... the same can not be said about this Tomb Raider sequel and I doubt the same could ever be said for a Halo or Mario game.
LOL. Sorry.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
Is Square Enix run by retarded monkeys? because if it is that would explain alot.
It's much worse than retarded monkeys; they have Matsuda.
Who was the protege and successor of an even more foolish chimp in nice clothes: Yoichi Wada

Since Sakaguchi's sacking, Squeenix has lost it.
One legitimately good game every 3-4 years, with a bunch of overproduced (and/or overrated*) crap in between.

(*yeah, I'm looking at you Kingdom Hearts)