Microsoft Hiring For New "AAAA" Xbox Title

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Microsoft Hiring For New "AAAA" Xbox Title

Do you have strong business acumen, creative vision, and game development/production experience to define, build and lead a world-class production team? Then crank your resume up to eleven and send it over to Microsoft Studios.

A new listing on Microsoft-Careers.com [http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Redmond-Executive-Producer-IEB-Microsoft-Studios-Core-Publishing-%28787348%29-Job-WA-98052/1762810/] is searching for an Executive Producer capable of delivering what it calls (three times, no less) a "AAAA" game for Xbox. In case you were wondering, that means it's going to be 33% awesomer than those lame "AAA" titles we're used to.

"Microsoft Studios (Xbox) is looking for a dynamic and seasoned Executive Producer to lead and develop a world-class team who will own the creation and delivery of a AAAA experience that delivers on 1st party goals," the listing reads, "and, more importantly, creates a fun gaming experience for our audience."

The post also outlines the responsibilities expected of a "AAAA" producer. He or she will need to provide creative direction, travel domestically and internationally, and "deliver the end-to-end AAAA title experience."

Eurogamer reached out to Microsoft asking on what game the studio was working, only to receive the following cheeky response: "We're happy to tell you all about what we're working on," a spokesperson replied. "Just apply, get hired and we promise to spill our guts!"

This sort of change to the triple-A descriptor can only lead to silliness, sort of like like how achieving a good rating on eBay post-2003 means being an "AAAAAAAA++++++++++++ seller." Has Microsoft learned nothing from Dr. Seuss's Sneetches or, at the very least, the seven-minute abs guy [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRdWntqCLwg] in There's Something About Mary?

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-19-microsoft-hiring-for-a-major-xbox-aaaa-console-title]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Smells like someone is trying to put together a blockbuster exclusive for the next console-gen. And people said exclusives were a dying breed.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I'd think this was a spelling mistake if they didn't do it more than once. but if a AAA game costs like $100million to make what does a AAAA game cost a billion?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
WE NEED MORE A's!!!

But is it new title or new game?
Because it sounds more like Halo4.

No thank you MS, I'll return to my AA game called Minecraft

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Considering what is currently considered to be a AAA game, AAAA isn't all that high of a goal to reach for

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if it will be a cover based shooter. I also wonder how much of the budget they'll use to bribe reviewers.

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
i think a keyboard button stuck or they want ya to think that they're working on a game soooo awesome we'll just have to buy a their console over Sony's or Nintendo

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
I just hope its not another shooter. Don't get me wrong I don't fall in "all shooters are creatively bankrupt" camp but I feel like they already have that covered. Where get some other genres in the mix with first party support rather than banking on quality of third party titles being better on 360 because that gap is almost non-existant at this point. No racing either.

I want to see some more stuff like Infamous, LBP, Rachet,etc popping up and just some new IPs in general. I want some more faces representing the platform than just the MC as much as I love that franchise.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
I will only but if it is an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA title. Until then. Screw all you cheap AAA devs.

captcha: creative vision: Yeah it is.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
AAAA?

An American Automobile Association's Anonymous game? That would be neat, run around towing peoples cars randomly. Why the hell not? I already do it in GTA games, or any game that lets me into a tow truck. I can't count the number of times I've done a mission in a tow truck while towing some poor SOB.

Also, Dr.Seus picture, epic.

Stoplesteimer

Jun 4, 2009
I'm more confused that they are looking for an executive producer for an apparently convention-shattering quad-A game by essentially putting up a help wanted sign. Isn't this one of those things that should be handled by Microsoft making a shortlist and contacting the people they want in on their new project?

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Who wants to bet it'll be completely generic and have no real defining features but it will have a bloated budget and nice looking graphics. And because it's exclusive fanboy's will praise the ever loving shit out of it.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
AAAA huh? So what? does it fellate you while you play? Perhaps clones you so as to send your clone out to do your grunt work so you can stay at home in a semi vegatative state playing?

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
As silly as the term "AAAA" may be I'm very interested in a big new Xbox IP. I'll be eager to see what this turns out to be, assuming it actually is an IP. But any attention given to 1st party Xbox games is good, they don't seem to get much attention.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I was initially going to mock them for adding the extra A. Then I realised, I have no idea what AAA specifically means in gaming anyway. Why don't we just call them A grade, B grade etc. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever describe a game with any other non-word combination of letters other than AAA.

It's surprising how we get used to pointless bullshit.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
And what exactly was wrong with AAA? They're all pointless phrases anyway, why make them harder to say?