Microsoft Nearly Bought Crysis Dev

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I fail to see how Crysis being a 360 exclusive would have affected the gaming world significantly... Sure PC gamers would have had to find another game to crucify their computers with but that can't be to difficult a gap too fill right?.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
superdelux said:
Crysis adverted.

You see what i did there.
Yes. You copy and pasted that other guys Facebook comment in a pathetic attempt to be funny. And amazingly still managed to include spelling mistakes.

The world you live in must be very lame and sad.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Crysis 2 was pretty amazing, tho I just wasn't in the mood to bother finishing it when rented it

understandable for Microsoft, having two sci-fi FPS games-wait...

Distorted Stu said:
I don't care what happens aslong as Timesplitters 4 gets made
yeah agreed /post

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
John Burton said:
Shooting crysis 2 aleins= dull, boring, lifeless and turns into a chore.
Shooting aliens in halo= fun
^this, in a nutshell (tho I was impressed by Crysis 2, first impressions)

the visuals and gripping atmosphere had me gaping, but admittedly I lost interest and spent the remainder of my GameFly trial playing the likes of Lego Pirates of the Caribbean instead lol

I'll give it another shot eventually (maybe spend more time in the multiplayer, it was pretty cool)

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Too many Scifi-shooters? Right, that's why they just announced a new trilogy... of Halo games.

(And the amount of active SciFi shooters out there on XBOX and Windows Live isn't really lower than back when Microsoft considered buying Crytek...)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Damn, that's lucky!
I wonder how Crysis would have looked like with M$, it would have hampered sales of high end PCs quite a bit at least. How sad that we would never have experienced the phrase "will it run Crysis?"
I wonder if Timesplitters 4 will be a "720" exclusive. Man that would suck, and not at all surprise me.

TheComfyChair

Sep 17, 2010
I wonder how profitable crysis 2 was?

Probably the only time i actually don't like that the PC platforms turns so much profit via digital >< Crytek deserve to collapse after crysis 2 :p

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Wow...Crytek is not good with naming. Crytek, Crysis, Far Cry, Ryse? Crying and Y...
bet they are pissed Capcom made Devil May Cry.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
Well then I guess it's good they didn't then because crysis would of been made for consoles and the pc version would of just been a bad port.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Well I heard Crytek is makinf the next Timesplitters, had I of owned a PS3 I would probably have frothy white stuff coming from my mouth right now, but I own a X-box so... I really couldn't care either way.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Mackheath said:
GeorgW said:
I wonder if Timesplitters 4 will be a "720" exclusive. Man that would suck, and not at all surprise me.
If it is I'll be mailing Micro$ofts Vice President's head to Crytek. I will NOT let them cheat me out of TimeSplitters 4 the same way I was cheated by Halo!
That may be a little extreme, but yeah, I really don't want to buy M$ new console and even though it'd be annoying, timesplitters wouldn't help.

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Azaraxzealot said:
brazuca said:
Seems like Crytek scaped the almost certain future of all studios bought by Microsoft. Creativity bankrupcy and mediocrity.
ninja'd.

i was about to say "Cue all the people who QQ every single time Microsoft's name is mentioned doing anything."

it's really stupid to hear so many people complain about microsoft. i've never had any problem with anything they've done.

besides, people seem to forget about Mass Effect, IloMilo, Trenched, and all the other great, colorful, imaginative games that they publish.
Yeah, but Mass Effect 1 is a Kotor clone. They sure only did it because Kotor sales figure were decent enough in the original Xbox. You could have remembered of Jade Empire. Microsoft plays it safe. IloMilo and Trenched are huge exceptions to what Microsoft publishes.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Does anybody else see this as a sideways insult?
Microsoft: "Hey, everybody, we considered buying the Crysis people because their game makes a lot of money, but we've decided not to because we think they're copying us." *shame inducing grimace*

Seriously, this sounds like they're just trying to get people to stop being so excited about a game that is in every way superior to their own without even being all that impressive of a game.