Microsoft Offers Release Dates For Free Games With Gold Titles

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Oh, wow, I might have to start upgrading my 360's hard drive. I gotta say, good move microsoft! On the same note, I'd hope you have plans on catching up to what playstation plus already does, though. :p

Still, it's a decent start.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Overquoted said:
J Tyran said:
So Microsoft is offering free games with Xbox Live Gold now, OK.

Microsoft: Fable III

Vs

Sony: Uncharted 3: Drakes deception (PS3)
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
Rayman: Origins (PS Vita)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3)
Shadow of the Colossus & ICO HD 1080p (PS3)

As well as a few others. [http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/?tab=gamecollection]

Loads of semi recent well received games, two platforms for the same price and discounts on everything in the PSN store with 60min demos of any PSN game Vs a very poorly received 2010 game. Easy to see which company is offering the better deal here.
The US got:

Saints Row the Third (PS3)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
Little Big Planet Karting (PS3)
Machinarium (PSN)
God Eater Burst(PS Vita)

And we still have games from earlier months (The Cave, Knytt Underground, Joe Danger, Malicious, Labyrinth Legends). I envy you your Shadow of the Colossus though.
I called this month "see what the fuss was about" month, I got to play Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

As well as a few others. [http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/?tab=gamecollection]

Loads of semi recent well received games, two platforms for the same price and discounts on everything in the PSN store with 60min demos of any PSN game Vs a very poorly received 2010 game. Easy to see which company is offering the better deal here.
While I usually won't defend Microsoft, they have JUST started, give em an opportunity to expand it for christ sake.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

While I usually won't defend Microsoft, they have JUST started, give em an opportunity to expand it for christ sake.
As its a big and obviously competitive gesture don't you think they would have come out swinging? No they just came up with games that they know won't sell much anyway and think its enough.

Xanex

Jun 18, 2012
Is it just me or does this seem like a "Please like us again, here's free stuff" manuver? Or is it more like "Ehhh, we are moving on so ya'll can have this crap while we focus on our 180".

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

As its a big and obviously competitive gesture don't you think they would have come out swinging? No they just came up with games that they know won't sell much anyway and think its enough.
Fable actually sold fine. Managed to get onto steam top sellers for longer than anyone thought.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

Fable actually sold fine. Managed to get onto steam top sellers for longer than anyone thought.
Its not going to sell many copies now, sell not sold.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
Xanex said:
Is it just me or does this seem like a "Please like us again, here's free stuff" manuver? Or is it more like "Ehhh, we are moving on so ya'll can have this crap while we focus on our 180".
Does it matter? Free game is free.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

So? Currently your argument is "What they're giving me for free isn't good enough". Well done, if your goal was to come off as someone with a severe case of entitlement, you've won.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

So? Currently your argument is "What they're giving me for free isn't good enough". Well done, if your goal was to come off as someone with a severe case of entitlement, you've won.
I take that as if I won the debate then, people on throw the "entitlement" argument in when they have nothing else and its a loaded word they think can defeat any argument.

What I am actually saying is there new feature is crap value compared to their competitor, that's a simple consumer observation not entitlement. On the other hand your willingness to suck up anything up and defend your chosen champion to the point of making personal attacks I get a slight whiff of fanboiism. Its "free" is not enough, if you have XBLG its very well and fine enjoying your free bone Microsoft have thrown you.

The problem is its obviously designed to compete with PS+, If a customer is deciding either which console to get or which on line service too subscribe too Microsofts is the worst value. How is pointing that out entitlement? Your Fanboiism had blinded you to to that obvious truth.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

I take that as if I won the debate then, people on throw the "entitlement" argument in when they have nothing else and its a loaded word they think can defeat any argument.

What I am actually saying is there new feature is crap value compared to their competitor, that's a simple consumer observation not entitlement. On the other hand your willingness to suck up anything up and defend your chosen champion to the point of making personal attacks I get a slight whiff of fanboiism. Its "free" is not enough, if you have XBLG its very well and fine enjoying your free bone Microsoft have thrown you.

The problem is its obviously designed to compete with PS+, If a customer is deciding either which console to get or which on line service too subscribe too Microsofts is the worst value. How is pointing that out entitlement? Your Fanboiism had blinded you to to that obvious truth.
You can take that if you've decided to ignore the word just because others use it incorrectly. Of course, that must mean you ignore anyone who mixes up cue and queue. I'm throwing entitlement because you took one look at a free game and went "not good enough".

Defending my "chosen champion". Well done, your observation is incorrect however, as I am a PC gamer. In fact, I don't even like Microsoft, especially with this new Xbox one disaster. If you consider getting called entitled when you're displaying a textbook case of it a personal attack, then you should probably stop visiting forums, its only going to get worse.

My point was they're testing the waters with it and that you're stamping on it before giving it a chance. That isn't pointing out which is better.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:
Dogstile said:
J Tyran said:

Vs

Demon's Souls (PS3)

You can take that if you've decided to ignore the word just because others use it incorrectly. Of course, that must mean you ignore anyone who mixes up cue and queue. I'm throwing entitlement because you took one look at a free game and went "not good enough".

Defending my "chosen champion". Well done, your observation is incorrect however, as I am a PC gamer. In fact, I don't even like Microsoft, especially with this new Xbox one disaster. If you consider getting called entitled when you're displaying a textbook case of it a personal attack, then you should probably stop visiting forums, its only going to get worse.

My point was they're testing the waters with it and that you're stamping on it before giving it a chance. That isn't pointing out which is better.
Of course its pointing out who is better, Microsoft are stupid if they are "testing the water". They obviously want to either match or compete with Sony's PS+ and their attempt is pretty poor. They should go big or go home in this situation, get the service prepared and market it extensively.

You are totally misusing the word "entitlement" in this case.

I have no personal stake here, I have both consoles and both services. I am not to bothered about XBLG at the moment and considering not re-subbing, I don't play consoles all that much because I like my PC. I am simply pointing out as a consumer that one service is better value than the other.

Thats not entitlement its common sense.

I do not feel that I am "owed" anything at all, its simple one service is cheaper and offers incredible value and the other service dribbles out something nobody really wants.