Microsoft Points "Never Intended to Mislead People"

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
the reason companies put out these frivolous point system is so that you would perpetually be spending more than you need.

say you have 1000 points and everything cost like 99 199 299 points you would end up with remainders that you can't redeem for anything hence, spending more than you need to. Wonderful world of corporate greed and nickel and dime'ing ppl \o/

On this specific occasion that system doesn't work since MS uses denominations of 100 right? if thats the case, Good Idea! [edit: guess not, so yeah that guy should have been fired from HQ for coming up with an idea that will get them less money! XD]

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I'm worried about this. I'm perfectly happy with MS points since they have no specific fixed value - some places will sell them cheaper than others. If they change to real currency then they will have a value that translates directly which is more likely to push the prices up than down.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
ms screwed up , instead of a points system they should of set it up as ... buy a card for $20, it's worth $20 , the conversion of points to a dollar system just doesn't make sense

the system they use now gets more screwy when they put a price for a game in real money and no point equivalent ,even though they have 2 payment opitions

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I'd care but steam murders xbl Every time I am even slightly interested in xbox dlc it is like 12 bucks CAD. Which can buy me so much on steam its not even funny.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I think this is just a waste of resources and will probably lead to increase in prices, especially for smaller currencies. Don't do it!!