Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
A price drop might rake in enough units to make a 100 million

The Xbone selling more though? HA!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Optimistic to the point of foolishness? Maybe. Nobody ever went bankrupt underestimating consumer intelligence. Let's see the actual release months and then we'll talk again.

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
no don't you see if you count the number of consoles that they had to give away for defaults, you could easily double the numbers. (on the 4th x-box and I'm not even using it)

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
Consider:
(A) The negative reactive is from the "hardcore gamers" who are very vocal online but will probably turn around once E3 and the actual game announcements come out. (I like how MS pointed out that the big game reveals would be at E3 and nobody was listening, then they hated on MS for failing to reveal games... sigh)
(B) The Xbone reveal was marketed more at "casual gamers" who don't bother with websites like these. The "casual gamers" have been much more accepting of the Kinect than the "hardcore crowd" (I am aware that there are incredibly blurry lines in there).

So this is a bit more feasible than it appears at first blush. I still won't be buying one for a few months because Kinect annoys the hell out of me and I have a ton of games I haven't finished yet. (so I may have to buy another 360 when I burn mine out)

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Wasn't there some talk about a "Stingray" Xbox project to be launched alongside the Xbox One as a cheaper Xbox alternative? Is that what the guy is on about? If they did released a price-dropped 360 when the Xbone comes out, I'd consider picking one up.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
400 million units? Only in the US?! Wow, that IS a lofty goal. I mean, it's not like any of the mentioned features are going to work outside the US anyway because "Fuck Europe, amirite?" and Japan apparently still doesn't like Microsoft sooooo... apparently every household in the US has to buy at least 3 Xbones... that sounds like a reasonable estimate...

*rereads article*

Oooh, a decade... yeah, well, that's a lot more likely but I'm too lazy to hit backspace

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
400 million in 10 years. Odds are they wont hit 100 million in 5.

I think I will extend the life of my current X360 by swapping out it's laughable heatsink for a liquid cooled system.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Of course it will. after all noone is going to buy Xbone so instead buy 360.

CardinalPiggles said:
Fanghawk said:
"half of those will probably come from replacements"
Shows how much faith they have in their system doesn't it?

I'm willing to bet that at least half of their 360 sales IN TOTAL came from replacements. How many of us still have their very first 360? I know I've had 2, my brother has had 4, one of my friends has had and 3 and another friend has had 2 as well.
of course it did. then again this is true for any console this gen. they dont expect next gen t be better it seems.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hey, how much of those fancy numbers is due to the RROD problem? A significant portion, I would say.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
NWJ94 said:
So the frightening thing is, this prediction of 100 mil came after the fairly negative reaction. So what exactly where their estimates before the conference last Tuesday?
probably exactly the same, now they're just telling you they have quotas to meet so it seems more natural

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Fanghawk said:
"half of those will probably come from replacements"
Shows how much faith they have in their system doesn't it?

I'm willing to bet that at least half of their 360 sales IN TOTAL came from replacements. How many of us still have their very first 360? I know I've had 2, my brother has had 4, one of my friends has had and 3 and another friend has had 2 as well.
i still have my first ps3. shes a little small on the harddrive. and the controllers need replacing. but she still runs like she always has. being all backwards compatable and all. hell i still get to play my old ps1,2 games.... shame no one growing up in the new gen can say the same.