Microsoft Promo Offers Free Xbox 360 For PC Purchase

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
4 gigs is a pathetic amount of storage, nice idea but thats sorta like offering sombody a free hamburger and not giving them the second half of it :'(

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
the biggest problem with this is that it wants you to buy a premade pc and premade pcs tend to suck

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Worgen said:
the biggest problem with this is that it wants you to buy a premade pc and premade pcs tend to suck
That or cost way to much to get a decent one. Still a nice deal for people that don't custom build there PC´s.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
If I'd buy a PC, why would I want an Xbox in the first place? Also, factory made PCs tend to suck, I haven't seen the specs of the PC itself, but it must be quite underwhelming, even if you're intending to use it for web browsing and other stuff.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Wow, this is a fantastic deal. I gave up on PCs years ago when I realised the cost involved in being a die-hard mouse&board, after all it might be a better system of interaction but what's the point if it costs so much extra and you don't always get the best games?

I have a real disposable income these days but was lucky enough to get a birthday present before uni that would have qualified for this. Lose out on some minor preferences in a PC I know I can update as a I want and get $200 xbox? Done and done, and I mean done.

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
maybe people will want to play the new L.A. Noir. And then fry their new xboxes :p

It's rather easy to get a decent gaming PC, one which can out perform the consoles by so much that even some of the badly coded ports will run smoothly on a budget this high.

Correction is in order. You will not be able to buy a pc that runs "Saints Row 2" smoothly on that budget, because that is a phenomenally bad port. Also, GTA4 will not run as you'd like, if it runs at all because of the drm.

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
BrotherRool said:
I'm detecting a Mac disliking undertone. On the escapist of all places?

On the other hand, for the price of a Mac you could buy a 250GB 360 to go with your as powerful-as-a-mac computer and complimentary free 360 :D
I wouldn't say there's hate, but show me any brand new mac that I can't get the same specs for cheaper, and with a free xbox on a non-custom built pc, then get a cracked copy of the mac os if I really wanted it (garageband and logic pro are beginning to become appealing, but its only software, not hardware)

RSparowe

Apr 25, 2011
I think the aim of this campaign, that seems to have been overlooked in these posts, is to sell a PC strictly for your studying and provide a free Xbox platform for your gaming. It's a very good deal if one needs a PC strictly for studies.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
If all U.S. Air Force members are enrolled in the Air Force Community College would that deal count?

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
RSparowe said:
I think the aim of this campaign, that seems to have been overlooked in these posts, is to sell a PC strictly for your studying and provide a free Xbox platform for your gaming. It's a very good deal if one needs a PC strictly for studies.
This is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading the thread. I don't use a computer for gaming, I use it for school and assorted other crap. Said assorted other crap doesn't need to be breaking limits for its specs, and building a PC from scratch for that would be kinda mad.
And I don't have a laptop OR a 360. I don't intend to get a 360, but afree one would be nice.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
BrotherRool said:
I'm detecting a Mac disliking undertone. On the escapist of all places?

On the other hand, for the price of a Mac you could buy a 250GB 360 to go with your as powerful-as-a-mac computer and complimentary free 360 :D
This post was written on a $3,300 MacBook Pro.
Well that pretty well puts me in my place. I was wrong.

You could buy 5 250GB 360's to go with your free complimentary 360 :D