Microsoft Registers Microsoft-Sony.com, Sony-Microsoft.com

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
John Funk said:
Very soon following this, Microsoft will release malware hidden as update files to all the Windows-based machines - crashing them and effectively killing off Windows-based PC gaming. Then they'll take over Sony and sell the PlayBox9000 - colloquially dubbed as the little boxes of Communism.

To fight off the newly-created behemoth, Apple and Nintendo will merge to create the iWiipBoy. It'll have less features than its competitors but will be double the price, and will have severely limited content as everything will be filtered through The Church of Nintendo + Apple = Nipple. Yet the Church of Nipple will have the most zealous followers, who'll make sure that Nippleism is made an official religion in the Geneva Convention by bombing third world peasants.

Meanwhile, the downtrodden PC gamers will rise up and join their Linux brethren to form the most open platform out there... only to find out that Linux's X11 graphics system is even more bloated with indirections than DX11 as it tries to reduce everything to a network protocol, and the audio stack goes through a pointless S-bend by going through two abstraction layers, ALSA and PulseAudio. Due to the performance hit, PC gamers will realize Linux is shit, and will turn to cloud-based OnLive for their gaming fix, handing their balls over as well in the process.

Sorry, drifted off.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Joseph375 said:
This is either going to be a huge deal, or a huge disappointment. Probably a huge disappointment.
It's probably already a huge deal, it's just going to be an even larger disappointment.

Actually, if they take the best designers from each of the services, there's so much potential that it's silly.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
I'm thinking Station-X. It's got a cool feel to it, and it's memorable.

Yeah, I know, it's probably not gonna be console. But wouldn't that kick ass if it was? I'm thinking Master Chief teaming up with Kratos. For what? Anything. It could be a kart racing game and it'd make millions.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Let's say hypothetically this happens. On the plus side, being able to play uncharted and halo on the same console would be awesome. On the downside, if the two no longer have to compete with each other, there's nobody to try and outdo other than nintendo, who hasn't brought anything substantial to the table in a long time. Sony and Microsoft have been neck in neck constantly trying to outdo the other with what's essentially the same console and I honestly think both have turned out better for it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Probably not immediately related to video games. But, down the line, maybe. Though, seeing a Sony made product running a Microsoft OS...perhaps a portable telephone-like device, that allows one to play games, and receive directions, and download user made apps...yes, I believe there could be a use for a device like this, with these two giants working together to create--wait, one such giant already exists. This might be their take on trying to take that down.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
poiuppx said:
I'm thinking Station-X. It's got a cool feel to it, and it's memorable.

Really? I feel anything with an 'X' tacked to it is incredibly childish. "X-Treme gaming!" etc.

When the XBox was launched, I laughed at its name as much as I did at WiiU's. It's frankly terrible.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
As much, what with the multiplatformness of games, a PS360 makes sense, it wouldn't be good for us. Without the competition prices would never come down and innovation would probably be less driven too. Without the competition the boom of console online would probably have been much delayed

The Random One

May 29, 2008
They probably just registered it so no one could park on it and make a huge post about how Sega is better or whatever.

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
Why do we jump to the conclusion of games when Sony and Microsoft collaborate on so many other technologies, e.g. computers?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Super-Corporate-Douche-Fusion...

**ACTIVATE**

...Or not.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft is worth too much for Sony to buy out, and even if Microsoft could theoretically buy out Sony, I'm pretty sure the Japanese government would intervene (seeing how Sony is one of the largest corporations in their country).
Knowing that, I'm just going to disregard this domain-filtering as quirky business and largely unnecessary.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
You know, if they got sick of fighting for the hardcore crowd while trying to win the casual crowd, and they teamed up, that would be deadly...at first. Later, it would be a huge monopoly and they wouldn't even try. But it's sort of cool to think aobut.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
I'd be happy if they announced cross platform gaming for all third party titles. OF course, Sony would need to charge a subscription for "premium" members or something but it could be possible in an alternate dimension.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Willing to bet that MS will now start sueing Sony for copyright infringement.

They'd probably get away with it as well.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
As far as bad fanfiction goes, this has to be one of my least favorite ships ever.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Maybe Sony has been hit harder by the earthquake and Playstation Network disasters than everyone thought, and Microsoft is jumping at the opportunity and taking it over. Hard to believe... but, Microsoft is 10x bigger than Sony and has enormous financial reserves.

However I don't think that that kind of takeover or merger would get the green light.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
John Funk said:
Very soon following this, Microsoft will release malware hidden as update files to all the Windows-based machines - crashing them and effectively killing off Windows-based PC gaming. Then they'll take over Sony and sell the PlayBox9000 - colloquially dubbed as the little boxes of Communism.

To fight off the newly-created behemoth, Apple and Nintendo will merge to create the iWiipBoy. It'll have less features than its competitors but will be double the price, and will have severely limited content as everything will be filtered through The Church of Nintendo + Apple = Nipple. Yet the Church of Nipple will have the most zealous followers, who'll make sure that Nippleism is made an official religion in the Geneva Convention by bombing third world peasants.

Meanwhile, the downtrodden PC gamers will rise up and join their Linux brethren to form the most open platform out there... only to find out that Linux's X11 graphics system is even more bloated with indirections than DX11 as it tries to reduce everything to a network protocol, and the audio stack goes through a pointless S-bend by going through two abstraction layers, ALSA and PulseAudio. Due to the performance hit, PC gamers will realize Linux is shit, and will turn to cloud-based OnLive for their gaming fix, handing their balls over as well in the process.

Sorry, drifted off.
I was eating when I read this. It was not a good idea.

Kudos, good sir. That was awesome.