Microsoft Rep: Importing Xbox One an Option

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
CriticKitten said:
A number of the Xbone's highly toted "features" are only available in the US. So even if you buy one from the US, those things won't work for you because those things are US-exclusive.
Yep, Microsoft have never been very diligent at ensuring their service provider partners actually provide their services where Microsoft is offering them.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So... we need to pay the $500 just for the console, plus the extra fees for shipping and importing.

Right. You know, we all have income that disposable.

theuprising

Jun 19, 2013
Doclector said:
Vivid Kazumi said:
Doclector said:
But that isn't a "good" option, is it microsoft?

Of course, importing is going to cost extra money on top of the console. Then there's the extra waiting.

Seriously, if there has to be a running theme with MS's PR at the moment, it's telling people that their cock ups won't cause any trouble for the consumer when they blatantly will.
No,don't even compare this to dom matricks stupid pr bull.This is providing a solution to those who want the product versus if donny was still at ms he would've told them to wait or move to one of the 13 country's.
Well obviously, you'd have to actively try to be worse than Mattrick, but it's still asking your customers to pay more because you ballsed up.
Lol Sony drones, they ballsed up by not launching the US Box One in countries they didn't do enough localization for? Durp.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
That is fucking retarded!

So you import the console, pay a fair bit for duty and delivery costs, then every time you buy a new game, you have to repeat the process.

Who would do this?! Apart from perhaps 5% of the game line up, everything else will be on other platforms.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Noswad said:
Releasing it before you've managed to do all the translation work, that inspires confidence... hang on wait, you're releasing it in France, Germany and Italy but not Switzerland, you do know what languages they speak in Switzerland, i'll give you a clue, its not Swiss.
it's mexican right...RIGHT!!

you used to be cool microsoft what happened!?? i seem to like you less and less with every artical i read about you. One question does this mean i can import games from america or where ever and play them on a uk console?

little off topic but can anyone link me to an article about area 51 being confirmed as i can't seem to find it or has someone just fed me lies?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
RatherDull said:
No ****?

Seriously, if the Xbox One isn't launching in your area in Europe you can take a few hours to go and get one in another country.

Or order it online. That works too
couple hours, hehe, hehe, hehe.
The closest location to me would be germany. Thats a nice 15 hours drive - one side. I would spend more on gas than the price of the console itself would i choose to do it.
Ordering online would also nearly add 50% to the price for delivery. well ok realisticly more like 20%
And then i would have to leanr german as well, because im sure MS have forgotten to give us ability to chose our own language.

Noswad said:
Releasing it before you've managed to do all the translation work, that inspires confidence... hang on wait, you're releasing it in France, Germany and Italy but not Switzerland, you do know what languages they speak in Switzerland, i'll give you a clue, its not Swiss.
no thier skipping switzerland out of spite for decriminalizing piracy.

Callate said:
Sigh.

Remember when Microsoft used to deal in hardware and software, rather than confusion and mixed messages?
in the 80s they dealed in software. from the 90s they dealed in confused software and mixed error messages. now they deal in confusing hardware and self-injuring messages.
so no, i dont remember when they used to deal in hardware and software.