Microsoft Unveils New Parental Timer for Xbox 360

timetuner

Nov 9, 2007
Kesash seems to have the most valid point, and I can offer a bit of personal evidance to help support. since my parents are both working full time+ massive cell phone time(to the point where i reffer to thier cell phones as "soul eaters") they can't do that "imparting comon sence" thing. To support Kesash, my little sister has been watching disney for all of 3 months and asked to be hana montana or some sharpie character from high school musical for halloween and wants the same type of stuff from Christmas. The channels are getting more mind warping because they're noticing how little parents`are paying attention.

**this time limiter thing is going to be amazingly pointless, all your have to do is make a different profile or reset the 360s clock

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Again you are making the assumption that since auto-pilot parents will use the timer, all parent who use it are auto-pilot parents. Yes there are people who will look at his as a way to further shirk their responsibility as parents. But frankly, they were going to do it anyway. Now they will just feel a little more secure in their neglect. But there is a great number of people who will use it responsibly, and to whom it will be the thing that makes them feel a little bit safer about letting their child get a game system.

As for defeating the system.. yeah, it may have work abounds. If MS is smart about it the default/non-sign in profile will be set to the shortest available timer. And it will require an administrator type account to change. If they really make it as simple as a person making a second account then shame on them. But at least it will still keep some of the brats off XBL :D

Cheeze said it best. This is a tool. It is up to the parent to use it responsibly.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
Cheeze_Pavilion said:
@DayDark--thanks! However, don't have any kids--life just didn't lead in that direction

@xbeaker--these days Civilization has an alarm clock, actually!
hehe, well your theory sounds logical then :D