Microsoft Won't Ban "Legitimate" Early ODST Players

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
plastic_window said:
Nice bit of accidental hype for ODST then. Somewhere there will be someone who is super jealous of the people in France who have an early copy of the game.

Does this happen that often? I got my copy of Dead Space 3 days earlier than we Brits were meant to, but aside from that I've never heard of this happening.
Game.co.uk's games are usually one day in advance.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Malygris said:
In other words, even though it's a month early, if you paid for the game then you won't be hung out to dry for it. I wouldn't expect quite the same generosity for whoever it was that sold it, though.
Understandable. A lot of players probably just buy games and don't pay attention to release dates (like what I used to do before I joined The Escapist), but the retailers should.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
GamerLuck said:
Here i was expecting Microsoft to wip out the massive ban-hammer and all they do is get out the ban-rubber-mallet...
Not just the ban-hammer. This type of thing called for the ban-Mjollnir (Hammer of Thor, not the Spartan armor). Even so, the consumers pay for the goods, so they officially own them now.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
It's nice MS isn't gonna just ban people for buying the game early. I bet the fans couldn't help it, since Halo is their breakfast, lunch and dinner.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
Ce la vie, Monsiuer Microsoft
Liberal French pansies couldn't hold their bloody horses.

Edit:

Those asshats in management better get a world of litigative shit coming down on them, or there is no justice in retail anymore.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
13lackfriday said:
Those asshats in management better get a world of litigative shit coming down on them, or there is no justice in retail anymore.
Nah. Waste of time and lawyers for such a small target. What would be really poetic, though, is that retailer suddenly discovering that all their shipments from Microsoft for the next fiscal year are mysteriously running about a month late...

-- Steve

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
EA and MS have been rather benign lately and Activison/Blizzard and Valve are the ones inciting nerd rage. What is the world coming to?

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Anton P. Nym said:
13lackfriday said:
Nah. Waste of time and lawyers for such a small target. What would be really poetic, though, is that retailer suddenly discovering that all their shipments from Microsoft for the next fiscal year are mysteriously running about a month late...

-- Steve
Hahaha, it'd only be fair.

They could say they're just balancing the timetables given their month-early release.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Distribution companies normally only get the games 2 days prior to release, for it to be in a shop a month early is some dodgy goings ons (orwhatever.)