Microsoft: Xbox 360 250 Gig HDD in Japan in March

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
fozzy360 said:
Nouw said:
fozzy360 said:
Wait...why does Japan get a bigger hard drive before North America, when the 360 sells horrendously there when compared to here?

Well, that's some grade A bullshit.
Because the xbox360 doesn't sell as well there so they're hoping to increase sales in Japan. Thats why.

OT: I have 120 gigs HDD so I don't really care. 250 gigs? Thats a lot.
But they should at least sell 'em in North America at the same time. To me, its just makes more sense to sell them in several regions instead of just one. Besides, I download a lot of DLC and XBLA games, so that's something I'd like see stateside.
That reason is because Mircosoft are trying something new. Otherwise they end-up being Patriots...

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Poor Xbros, getting scammed out of so much money. Really, 250gb for $170 or so? That's horrid.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
That figures. I just ordered a 120 - but that was a month ago and it haven't arrived yet. I assumed after I ordered the 120 the price on that would drop and M$ would announce the 250 for sale.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
$170 dollars jor JUST a hardrive in a country that thniks the 360 is shit? MS just loves wasting the money they over charge for shit, those greedy bastards.

Apr 28, 2008
The drive is priced at 15,540 yen, which converts to approximately $170...
Thats actually a pretty decent price by Micosoft standards.

Hopefully they reduce the price of their 120 gig hard drive so I can finally get rid of my 12 gig one...

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
So Let me get this straight. An American Company is selling an awesomely large hardrive...but only in Japan, can someone figure this out for me, because this doesn't make sense at all.
This! A THOUSAND times this.

Me: "So. Microsoft... Your sales of the 360 and pretty much suck in Japan. So, you're gonna' release a 250 GB hard drive... but only in Japan."

MS: "Yes."

Me: "... Brilliant."

I guess they must know what they're doing. They ARE Microsoft, afterall, but I have no clue how this makes any sense at all. At all. Feh.