Middle agged women going to the Bieber movie have an unhealthy attraction?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
This kinda reminds me of that cop who went on record to say 'No adult should be playing Animal Crossing, and I'd be suspicious of their motives towards children if they did' (not actually a quote, but he essentially said the only reason an adult would play AC was to use it to contact then rape children.

However, yes, there's always been a double standard as it seems, at least out in media land, only men interfere with children sexually. Any time a woman has sex with an under age boy it's just high fives all round for the boy.

Maybe an added question should be what's the view of a 40 year old man going to see the movie, can he just 'like' the guy and his music, or does there have to be some creepy ulterior motive? (I mean in Bieber's direction, tho yes, he could be going to pick up MILFs, or alternatively underage girls, tho he'd be failing, as he looks about 30 years too old for either of them.)

I shudder at the concept, but if I liked, for example, Hannah Montana for it's witty plotlines and Oscar worthy acting, I can guarantee anyone I know would accuse me of sexual motives. Women however, can like almost anything, and we just accuse them of awful taste.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
Realitycrash said:
There is nothing illegal about going to a show and drooling over a guy that is under-aged. It only becomes illegal when she has sex with a guy that is underaged.

And maybe she just likes his music?

Sorry, I don't buy this crap. I know it's a REALLY lame argument, but; It's a free country.

If they aren't breaking any laws, or conspire TO break any laws, let them do it.
That's not the point. The OP isn't trying to say that having a sexual attraction to an underage person should put you on the sex offender list. The point is that if a guy went to see a movie about a 16-year-old girl and was drooling over her the whole time, the FBI would be knocking on his door.

It's not that that is the just punishment, it's that double standards regarding gender need to go.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Faladorian said:
Realitycrash said:
There is nothing illegal about going to a show and drooling over a guy that is under-aged. It only becomes illegal when she has sex with a guy that is underaged.

Sorry, I don't buy this crap. I know it's a REALLY lame argument, but; It's a free country.

If they aren't breaking any laws, or conspire TO break any laws, let them do it.
That's not the point. The OP isn't trying to say that having a sexual attraction to an underage person should put you on the sex offender list. The point is that if a guy went to see a movie about a 16-year-old girl and was drooling over her the whole time, the FBI would be knocking on his door.

It's not that that is the just punishment, it's that double standards regarding gender need to go.
Yep, that's what I meant by starting this discussion. The sex offenders thing was a quote from Bill Mayer's show and was a JOKE...

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Faladorian said:
Realitycrash said:

Okey. Fine. Double standards regarding gender needs to go. That could have been the title of the topic, and everyone would just say "Agreed".

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
What an idiot. It's absolutely none of his business what movies other people see.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
Realitycrash said:
Faladorian said:
Realitycrash said:

Okey. Fine. Double standards regarding gender needs to go. That could have been the title of the topic, and everyone would just say "Agreed".
I was actually contemplating making a thread about that myself but there's a certain fallacy on these forums where people get mad at me for proposing an idea, as if my opinion is supposed to be ironclad because "I'm the OP."

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Oh come on it's a joke, I'm sure there are some mentally challenged middle aged women who genuinley like Bieber's music, the rest are peadophiles.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
HeySeansOnline said:
maddawg IAJI said:
So fans should not be allowed to take part in what they enjoy because of their age? Well if that's the case, then no middle aged men or woman should play video games with main characters under the age of 18.
That's somewhat different, the characters in certain animes/games (in which they tend to be most prevelant in) of a younger age that are put in risque situations are fictional. Justin Bieber is real.

On topic this can be simply answered by the double standard of genders.
Meh. Theres nothing wrong with lusting after a celebrity that you will never ever meet. Nothing wrong with it period so long as no child is harmed.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Faladorian said:
Realitycrash said:
Faladorian said:
Realitycrash said:

I was actually contemplating making a thread about that myself but there's a certain fallacy on these forums where people get mad at me for proposing an idea, as if my opinion is supposed to be ironclad because "I'm the OP."
Not everyone will agree with you, rule #1 of internet-forums.
My point is that such a thread would be rather pointless, because everyone would say "Agreed", two trolls would say "No", and someone playing devils advocate would go "Eh, hasn't it really helped us in the past?"

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Vortigar said:
Because women and men, contrary to popular belief are NOT equal.

And that's okay.

Compare the way men act at a strip club (silent and greedy, "want to make her mine" vibe) with the way women act at a Chippendales show (cheerful and joyous, "here to have a good time" vibe).

Oh yeah, if either actually does something unwanted they're just as liable though. The law doesn't discriminate on that one. Though, judges and juries do. (And the Sharia but that's a whole different story.)
please women behave far worse at strip clubs, if guys acted like women do they would get their arms broken

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
As far as I am aware beiber is 16 anyway so that fine for any aged woman to be attracted to him, being attracted doesn't equal sexual conduct

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Lonan said:
What an idiot. It's absolutely none of his business what movies other people see.
This.

I work at a movie theater, so I see all of this kind of stuff and it's all just "Who cares?" I see plenty of people come to see movies that are outside of their demographic and, according to some people, shouldn't be watched by them. Heck, there was an at least middle aged guy who came to see Tangled on Super Bowl Sunday and the only thing I thought was weird was that he came an hour late for the show, but maybe he was just bored and decided to come to the movie theater at whatever time to kill some time. Even just the other day, again at least middle aged came to see Gnomeo and Juliet alone. Does it matter? No, different people have different preferences and who really cares if someone likes or doesn't like something you do or don't.

That got longer than I expected it to.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Yeah middle aged men would never do anything like that. Like there are no middle age guys who love Hit Girl from kick-ass, watch tv shows about high schoolers, play games with under aged main characters, or found 15 year old Rikku hot XD

If we switched the gender that would never happen? Don't you remember Brittany Spears - hit me baby one more time. She was the same age(16), and believe me middle aged men liked her. Did middle age men go out and gush about how much they loved her with signs no, but teenage boys don't even do that so that's a poor way to judge. It was exactly the same, old guys liked her but we just sorta made fun of them for it. We knew it was a non-issue and she wasn't ever going to fuck them.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
ph0b0s123 said:
As Bill Mayer put it in his new rules last week. 'Middle aged women going to see the new Bieber movie who are not taking their kids or reviewing the movie, should be put on the sex offenders register.'

Middle aged men going to see a movie based on the life of an under 16 female pop star, would get a few problems, I would imagine. Just imagine the senario of Justin Bieber and his middle aged fans, then just reverse the sexes. How come no-one bats an eyelid when women behave in the same way. Is this the another demonstration of the double standard regarding adult attraction to minors by the different sexes.

Discuss....

Edit: I have nothing against Bieber or his success....
Well as we've seen the whole "Twilight-moms" thing didn't get much of a backlash (at least that I don't know of) but I do recall 2 men getting yelled at and possibly arrested for going to see a Hannah Montanna concert...

wait, isn't this a double standered? (I just woke up and I'm too tired to think... or spell properly)

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
fleacythesheep said:
If we switched the gender that would never happen? Don't you remember Brittany Spears - hit me baby one more time. She was the same age(16), and believe me middle aged men liked her. Did middle age men go out and gush about how much they loved her with signs no, but teenage boys don't even do that so that's a poor way to judge.
You're right, but the older men who like 17 year old Britney Spears were seen as 'dirty pervs' as if there was something mentally wrong and disturbing with them. The Twilight Moms are seen as having 'bad taste' or whatever. That is the double standard.

Just a thought, but I blame the hack feminists who moan on about males being dirty cavemen motivated by sex and food with our 'Carnal' desires and such crap, this just goes to show women act no different, they have just ignored the similarities of the twilight moms and such and chalk it up to other things.

ChicagoTed

Aug 5, 2010
People have actually went to see this? Does anybody know how much the movie has made because I can't imagine it would be very much.