Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor 25% Off Deal for the PC

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor 25% Off Deal for the PC

Beyblade: Evolution Collector's Edition + Wing Pegasus (Nintendo 3DS) - $8.99 at NewEgg.
List is $30. Deal expires October 6.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from every Tuesday [http://www.dealzon.com] at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
GMG is an authorized retailer and you'll receive the Shadow of Mordor Steam key immediately upon purchase. As an extra incentive, GMG is also throwing in 4 free games + a 23% off coupon for future use. Deal works in EU/UK as well.
Ho-lee S**T, that looks like a good deal! Thanks again!

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Barbas said:
GMG is an authorized retailer and you'll receive the Shadow of Mordor Steam key immediately upon purchase. As an extra incentive, GMG is also throwing in 4 free games + a 23% off coupon for future use. Deal works in EU/UK as well.

FYI the 4 free game deal ended sometime this afternoon, but the coupon is still good till tomorrow 11am ET.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
CardinalPiggles said:
Saw Bulletstorm and remembered that GFWL is dead, hoorah!
Yep that's dunbar. Bulletstorm is a good title that apparently not many people played. At least, for a big title anyways.

SweetJackal

Aug 1, 2014
dealzon said:
Barbas said:

FYI the 4 free game deal ended sometime this afternoon, but the coupon is still good till tomorrow 11am ET.
I'm just going to throw out a cautionary warning for Shadows Of Mordor. As much as I like sales I will not be taking advantage of this one as it is raising some warning flags for me.

Shadow Of Mordor is literally just released on PC and they are already offering a price cut above 10% and it is a Steam Code only? That doesn't sound right and I would advise caution.

GMG by all accounts are above board but unless they are selling these keys at a loss then they are very likely gray market keys at best, keys bought from a region where pricing is cheaper to match the economic climate. Do remember that a good number of Sniper Elite 3 keys were revoked off of Steam as they were Blackmarket/Stolen Keys and though I doubt GMG is peddling those for Mordor we honestly do not know where they are getting these keys.

I seriously doubt GMG got exclusive rights from Warner Bros to provide Mordor at such a discount. Remember, for Digital Distribution Platforms like Steam it is the Creators and Rights Holders that set the prices.

So I am not asking you to deny yourself the sale, I am only asking that you weight this against your thoughts before deciding.

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
SweetJackal said:
Shadow Of Mordor is literally just released on PC and they are already offering a price cut above 10% and it is a Steam Code only? That doesn't sound right and I would advise caution.
It just means that they've calculated that they'll ship crapton more copies by being on the steam's "best seller" list.

vgmaster831

Jack of No Trades
Dec 15, 2010
Sol_HSA said:
SweetJackal said:
It just means that they've calculated that they'll ship crapton more copies by being on the steam's "best seller" list.
Worked out for me. I'm downloading the game now.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
It -does- look interesting but going to wait until there's a more severe sale. Triple A prices make me cringe on a cashier's paycheck.

Carrington666

Jun 21, 2009
For those interested: The Shadow of Mordor coupon is also valid for the Season Pass. So you can get both the game and the SP for 52.50$.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
That Starpoint Gemini 2 offer has apparently expired, which is a shame. I already own the game, but I fully recommend it to anyone who likes Freelancer or the X series. Really awesome game.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Zydrate said:
It -does- look interesting but going to wait until there's a more severe sale. Triple A prices make me cringe on a cashier's paycheck.
I lied.

I just went ahead and bought it once I saw several positive reviews.
I suspect it's because this game wasn't Hype'd into oblivion.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Carnagath said:
That Starpoint Gemini 2 offer has apparently expired, which is a shame. I already own the game, but I fully recommend it to anyone who likes Freelancer or the X series. Really awesome game.
Yeah there's still that minor 10% sale still but other than that the coupon is dead. Honestly give it a week or so and some retailer or another will have a discount for it.

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Sol_HSA said:
SweetJackal said:
Honestly this is just retailer slashing price to get new users/customers. Not really related to Steam Store etc.

Sometimes publisher are strict on MSRP, sometimes they'll let retailers discount to their liking/margin.

Its kind of why deals comes and goes for certain title, especially the bigger AAAs.