Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Lets You Import Your Biggest Enemy from Shadow of Mordor

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Lets You Import Your Biggest Enemy from Shadow of Mordor

There's a new update for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor that will let you bring your most powerful Nemesis into Shadow of War.

If you've spent a ton of time fostering an adversarial relationship with your favorite enemy in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, here's some good news: you won't have to leave that enemy behind when the sequel comes out. There's a brand new update for Shadow of Mordor that will let your greatest nemesis move over to Shadow of War once it goes live.

The new addition is a free update available on all platforms. It will automatically detect your most powerful nemesis and import them. Luckily, it will also bring over your most loyal orc follower as well. Here's a new trailer showing off the feature.

This isn't terribly surprising. After all, the amount of work players put in to build up their armies in Mordor was substantial, and it only makes sense for Monolith to find a way to bring some of that work into to sequel. Of course, if you've been trying to get away from that one annoying orc for a while, this is just going to make it that much harder.

Warner Bros. and Monolith are celebrating the news by making Shadow of Mordor free-to-play on Steam and Xbox One until July 9. The game is also on sale for 80 percent off on all platform until the dates listed below.

Steam: On sale through July 10 [http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51209/]
PS4: On sale through July 11 [https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition/cid=UP1018-CUSA01939_00-SHADOWMORDORGOTY]
Xbox One: On sale through July 17 [https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Middle-earth-Shadow-of-Mordor---Game-of-the-Year-Edition/BPBKTSC16MWT]

The sequel, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 10.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Good ol Buth the Poet.
Not sure if I even still have that save file.
All my other playthroughs I got a little too good at the game to die, but might reinstall and give it another go.

matt66727

Apr 25, 2011
Oh God. just when I thought I was rid of him, looks like ol' Rash Pit-Fighter is coming back!

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Neat feature, but would be cooler if any of them even felt like a threat in the first game.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Nice feature, wonder if it will bring forward 4 orcs or if it will just bring the two from the region you last saved in?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Thats cool and all... but I don't remember anyone from Shadow of Mordor at all. Other than the cheese nemeses (aka, the ones that were immume to everything except, like, bees or something), they were all pretty samey.