Mighty Number 9's final boss

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The failure of this game proved Keiji Inafune is a full of himself douche bag. All that dissing he said about Japan's gaming industry is behind the west and look at him now with this :p

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
Something Amyss said:
Someone actually finished this game?
Sure. Review copies etc. are out. Megaman games never were that long anyways. Sure as a kid Megaman 2 took me months to complete but that's because I was a child and pretty bad.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fhqwhgod said:
Sure. Review copies etc. are out. Megaman games never were that long anyways. Sure as a kid Megaman 2 took me months to complete but that's because I was a child and pretty bad.
You left out the rest of the statement, which went into why I said that:

The gameplay vids I saw actually made the ads look *less* annoying.
I was not under the illusion that this was a 90 hour game. It was, however, so damn annoying I couldn't finish watching Jim Sterling playing it, and I watch him play shitty asset flips on a regular basis.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
I can't wait to hear Yahtzee's take on this one, with the mid-year drought, he kind of has no option.

Souplex said:
...I'm suddenly nervous about Yooka-Laylee.
Don't be, Playtonic and the developers of Bloodstained realized the blunder MN9 was going to be and decided to pefect what little they had to show on E3, and those games look amazing (but I'm still not fond of Yooka and Laylee's designs at all)

Fhqwhgod said:
Amazing game on 3DS. I heard nothing but bad things about the PC port though.
I've heard the sequel was coming out in the near future and you'd get the first game and I plan to do just that, I've just heard good things about it, but I'm convinced to get it anyway.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
The failure of this game proved Keiji Inafune is a full of himself douche bag. All that dissing he said about Japan's gaming industry is behind the west and look at him now with this :p
It almost makes Konami's action look sensible in that they are stepping away from the "Great Mind" theory of how their business is led by one big star and that big star alone and without them, they cannot exist.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Souplex said:
Poetic Nova said:
Suddenly, I end up being worried about Bloodstained.
To be fair, the devs involved in those games in now way have the same amount of arrogance that Inafune seems to exude. I'm still wary of them personally, but I'm more on the side of faith in those projects whereas MN9 just screamed out to me a waste of dollars.
Inafune reminded me of Molyneux except instead of delusions of grandeur, his was blatantly inflated ego. Molyneux promised big but somehow didn't understand he couldn't deliver, Inafune seems to believe his own hype.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
This is really the best they could come up with? Yeesh. Unfortunate choice to make it this simple and slow

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
To be fair on the art direction I really love the design of that boss.
Everything else however was weak as shit
Repetitive attacks, bland stage hazards, and mediocre visuals.
When I first saw this I thought that was a random boss fight. I'm shocked that this is THE FINAL boss fight.

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
gyrobot said:
Samtemdo8 said:
It almost makes Konami's action look sensible in that they are stepping away from the "Great Mind" theory of how their business is led by one big star and that big star alone and without them, they cannot exist.
Nah, it doesn't. They went from focusing on the Big Gaming Auteur to focusing on literal gambling with no video games in sight. I'd take kissing Kojima's feet over swallowing Pachinko Balls any day. Man, I still can't get over MGS3 Pachinko. What a waste of a good engine.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Poetic Nova said:
Suddenly, I end up being worried about Bloodstained.
Except the key difference is that Igarashi has years of proven experience with actual game development instead of just producing like Inafune did. Heck, even before this Inafune's track record was spotty and his recent projects were either middling or bad. It seems to me like Inafune just had no clue how to manage anything and once again how tone deaf he is. Bloodstained has actually been running smoothly with frequent updates. Plus the development studio has a good track record so I doubt there's much chance to screw anything up.

kekkres

Jun 5, 2013
Souplex said:
This goes to show that one "great mind" Is nothing without his support, you need a whole team of compliance to make a good game, not just one genius. Yooka laylee has almost the entire team from the rare days, so the chance of that turning south is about the same as it would be back when they where rare on the N64.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
DemomanHusband said:
gyrobot said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Nah, it doesn't. They went from focusing on the Big Gaming Auteur to focusing on literal gambling with no video games in sight. I'd take kissing Kojima's feet over swallowing Pachinko Balls any day. Man, I still can't get over MGS3 Pachinko. What a waste of a good engine.
Look at it this way: it is net gain to get away from the drama of press, gamers and indignant egotistical lower class people to go into an industry where there is no worries about bad pr from said crowd. No longer you have to blow millions of dollars on pr and bribes to journalists. No longer will your company face finacial instability from your household names have more recognition than you. No one know who Hayakawa is without googling Konami Ceo. Everybody knows who Kojima and Igarashi is. To enjoy anoymity and wealth is the best thing a corp could as for. No true face of the devil to be noticed

This is realpolitik. Its a net gain for Konami as depressing as it sounds. But there isnt going to be another Great Mind to hold them hostage like the rise of Japanese gaming where people knew you by name and not the faceless company.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
In the original Megaman days that's like a Stage 1 miniboss. Certainly not a level boss, let alone the FINAL boss.
That's just pathetic.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
So wait...No, I haven't watched the video but are you telling me that the final boss isn't Dr. Yilew and his faithful robot companion Aigms? At what point do Y, Harmony and Dissonance come into things? Anyway yeah, I can't wait for this to drop down to value-menu prices on the Wii U.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Is it bad that I get a satisfying feeling of schadenfreude at seeing hyped up derivative Kickstarter games end in disappointment?

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Zhukov said:
Is it bad that I get a satisfying feeling of schadenfreude at seeing hyped up derivative Kickstarter games end in disappointment?
Well kinda, two years ago nobody could have predicted what happenned during development, even early signs were dismissed because of how minimal they were; but then everything went downhill, the hype that once dominated E3 2013 completely vanished. Honestly I feel sorry for people who will never get their money back and are now full of regret for helping fund it.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Fox12 said:
Well, I guess my hopes for a fast paced sidescroller action game are dashed then. Here's a video of megaman x4 for comparison:

Be sure to clear Mighty No.7's stage first and have fun Zero'ing through the game. Mighty No.7's weapon is a sword, which uses very little energy to swing and has quick strikes.
Thing is, the game does lend itself relatively well to rushing through it at a high pace, it is all up to the play style of the player. Heck, any boss can be made to look easy and tame if you know the strats, fire stun-locking Cyber Peacock, electric stun-locking Split Mushroon, the Sigma fight in MMX4 is pretty tame too.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
bluegate said:
Fox12 said:
Well, I guess my hopes for a fast paced sidescroller action game are dashed then. Here's a video of megaman x4 for comparison:

Be sure to clear Mighty No.7's stage first and have fun Zero'ing through the game. Mighty No.7's weapon is a sword, which uses very little energy to swing and has quick strikes.
Thing is, the game does lend itself relatively well to rushing through it at a high pace, it is all up to the play style of the player. Heck, any boss can be made to look easy and tame if you know the strats, fire stun-locking Cyber Peacock, electric stun-locking Split Mushroon, the Sigma fight in MMX4 is pretty tame too.
Yes! thats exactly what I did. Brandish and his stage are amazing to play through!

The internet has officially lost it's head up its own ass on this one. I don't care what happened with backers and who said what why or when. Only thing that matters is that Inafune's new "Mega Man" game has delivered to me EXACTLY what I wanted.