Mikami Cuts Off Head to Promote New Studio

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I hit it pefectly only for the head to land on someone's table dinner and splash cake around. It landed at 103. Then I hit it a whole lot worse and the head rolled to 107.5. That's such a... rip off ;D.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well...its certainly a unique way to promote oneself thats for sure o.o

MrPop

May 14, 2009
I love the weird thing that happens when you hit at max power! So I'm guessing 103.5m is the max distance then.

His head lands on a kissing couple and goes over the mans face and he kisses the girl. Sounds weirder than it looks

EDIT: Oh obviously it's not the max distance then but it was hit at max power. Maybe it doesn't go as far since it's stopped by an event.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
hansari said:
is the seppuku in relation to him leaving the studio to start his own??
Not sure that he would leave Platinum games, since Vanquish is no where near finished.

Also, in Japanese when they say I'm going to cut his head, it means I'm going to fire him.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The link doesn't really work for me, all I get is a pink screen.

And I really wanted to cut off his head, damn it.

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
Hehe when I got the max power thing for the first time it showed his head sliding into home plate, with an umpire saying "Safe!" I actually laughed at that one.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
I thought you were meant to leave a flap of skin on the neck when you cut a samurai's head off after committing sepuku. If the head fell to the ground it was dishonorable as only commoners had to touch their heads to ground.

ReSpawn

Feb 24, 2009
Isn't this in reference to his comment about Resi 4 eventually going to PS2? He made the bold claim that if it went multi-platform he would cut his own head off?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
MetaKnight19 said:
Thats interesting enough, but if the new studio is called Tango surely this would be the best thing to do to promote it

Haha, a blast of pure nostalgia there, lightened up my dreary afternoon