Miley Cyrus busted with a bong

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Brotherofwill said:
Salvia? Man, News Stations must be desperate this time of year.
Well, Salvia is the next big drug on the chopping block. I think i heard something about Pennsylvania (where i live), wanted to either start a process of making it illegal or already did make it illegal.

OT: I cant say I'm shocked. Pretty much everyone said she's the next Brittney Spears, in every way. I just hope this helps to kill those disney bands that get pumped out all the time.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
newsflash: If she was in Ohio she'd be breaking the law actually. That might be why some people in US care. Here, Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Delaware, Florida, Illinois,North Dakota, and Minnesota all outlaw it.

some of it is restricted to adults but in ohio and like two others it's a schedule I

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
HOLY SHIT, THE UNFATHOMABLE TERROR!

Wait, that is completely uninteresting.

Here's something better.
Very nice! Let's turn this into a soundtrack music thread 8D

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
maddawg IAJI said:
Eh, we're always harsher on famous people then we are on anyone else. So what if she's smoking something, I'm sure quite a few of us have inhaled, injected or even ingested an illicit drug in our lifetimes. Its not that big a deal, but a lot of people are gonna make it a big deal only because shes famous.
I would say we're harsher on celebrities reputation wise. When it comes to doing drugs the media seems to forgive stars for doing just about anything that would land a normal person in jail for years. I mean look at Lindsay Lohan. I wish the law would be that lax on normal folks. Heck, even reputation bashing disappears once they stop.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
*chuckles* We all knew Miley Cyrus was a whore, now she's just becoming a crack whore!

(yes, I realize the technicalities and how technically crack cocaine isn't the same thing as marijuana, or other herbs such as the one they mentioned.)

EDIT: And where I'm from "herbs" such as those are legal, so I see no serious problem with it.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Gotta love how the newscaster called the video "shocking."
Really, news? Shocking? A teenager using a bong is shocking?
This just in: a shocking development in ecology was announced today. Grass is, indeed, green.

TheXRatedDodo

Jan 7, 2009
THIS JUST IN: WE ARE ALL NAUGHT BUT A SERIES OF VIBRATIONS AT THE MEREST OF ATOMIC LEVELS INDULGING OUR ENERGIES IN CREDIT RATINGS RATHER THAN ENJOYING WHAT LITTLE TIME WE SPEND ON THIS EARTH, AFTER WHICH WE WILL DIE AND NO LONGER BE AROUND TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF OUR ACTIONS, THUS INVALIDATING THE ENTIRE HUMAN EXPERIENCE AND RENDERING US ALL COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS.

"Here's Tom with the weather!"

Edit: Sorry, done posting in this topic now. Couldn't resist it, especially in a topic with a (incidental at best) relation to Salvia Divinorum. >_>

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
The real question is why the hell should we care about what someone does on their own time? If this was some random girl at your school would you care? Leave the poor girl alone, if I was related to Billy Ray Cyrus in any way shape or form I'd be doing far worse than hitting a bong.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah. Thought it would be something bigger though. If your going to use a bong and you know your reputation is shot anyways, go for the big stuff.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Going to agree with pretty much everyone else that's posted in that I don't really care.

Some teenagers take drugs, some don't. I haven't myself but I don't hold anything against those who have or do take drugs.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
hasnt every celebrity in history used drugs? are people actually surprised by this stunning revelation?

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
While I'm not that surprised that a celebrity was doing drugs (much less a teenage one), its not time to watch Disney drop her likes she's hot. They don't want they're spot-less "children friendly" (where they decide what's child-friendly) reputation to be soiled by real-life.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
DustyDrB said:
brainless_fps_player said:
What an idiot.
Like it or not, young girls look up to her. That's the price you pay for getting paid millions. You have to be responsible.
Celebrities don't owe it to anybody to be a role model. That's the parent's/caretaker's job. It amazes me that some people are still dumb enough to look to someone as an example just because he or she is famous.
Oh, I'm not saying she owes it to anyone.
I won't even say its fair.
Fact is, there will be someone somewhere smoking a bong because of this...possibly.
The point is, even if she doesn't want to, he has to acknowledge that young people are going to imitate her behaviour. If she slips, or sends a bad message, it could do some damage.
You can't deny these celebrities are influential, for better or worse. Does that not entail some responsibility?

Shpongled

Apr 21, 2010
One average sized bowl of 20x extract is a solid amount for a good breakthrough without going too far. 20x extract is 20x more potent than plain leaf, thus to achieve the effects of one bowl of 20x with plain leaf, one must smoke 20 bowls. There are numerous reasons why not many people want to smoke 20 bowls when they can just smoke one, won't insult you by going into them.

No idea why the salvia plant didn't evolve to produce sufficient amounts of Salvinorin A to induce a decent trip in humans from one bowls worth of plant matter, but the fact is it didn't, thus we humans extract the desired product from the useless plant matter so we can have more fun with it. We don't need to take more, we just make what we have more potent.

Passing comment or not, you have to be careful with comments like that. LSD has far more potential to screw up a mind than salvia, has a much more significant jump in mental perceptions and lasts a hell of a lot longer. Most experienced psychedelic users would probably agree that in comparison to LSD, salvia is pretty tame (albeit intense) in terms of mental load. Especially in doses higher than ~200-300ug (2 average tabs)

And yeh, i've yet to meet anyone who actually enjoys salvia over basically every other widely used psychedelic/dissociative out there.

DustyDrB said:
What an idiot.
Like it or not, young girls look up to her. That's the price you pay for getting paid millions. You have to be responsible.
Celebrities don't owe it to anybody to be a role model. That's the parent's/caretaker's job. It amazes me that some people are still dumb enough to look to someone as an example just because he or she is famous.
Oh, I'm not saying she owes it to anyone.
I won't even say its fair.
Fact is, there will be someone somewhere smoking a bong because of this...possibly.
The point is, even if she doesn't want to, he has to acknowledge that young people are going to imitate her behaviour. If she slips, or sends a bad message, it could do some damage.
You can't deny these celebrities are influential, for better or worse. Does that not entail some responsibility?
So? Better that than they're sat at McD's getting obese, or at a pub getting pished. But for some odd reason those activities are more socially acceptable, so no one would mind.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Gavmando said:
Anyone else reminded of that South Park episode where the media chooses a young celebrity to sacrifice? It's happening again...

Duh-duh, duh-duh.
Duh-duh-duu-duuh-duuuuuuu...
That was the first thing that came to my mind!
Anyways saw it coming, next she will be flashing some skin. Then found with a pound of coke at her house, after that shamefully walked out of a seedy hotel covering her face as dozens of reports hassle her then fade out of existence. Such is the natural cycle of the strange creatures we call pop-stars.

Gavmando

Feb 3, 2009
It's actually a good thing she wasnt smoking pot. Because we all know how bad pot is for you. If you smoked pot you could never win an Olympic gold medal or something...

Rhiehn

Aug 16, 2010
Call me when she's a meth freak like Jodie sweetin. Occasional drug use means absolutely nothing to me, and logically anyone.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Wheey! Salvia rocks! But honestly though, if she's stupid enough to have a video of her taken, then she deserves whatever comes her way.