Minecraft Builder Constructs Full Scale USS Voyager

Sidmen

Jul 3, 2012
Vedli said:
Er no, I think you'll find the original series is leaps and bounds ahead of Voyager. I'll happily watch the first season of TOS over the first 4 seasons of Voyager. /Nerd Rage
This is quite a subjective thing, no? I've happily watched every episode of Voyager on DVD multiple times. At the same time, I can only ever shake my head whenever I try to watch ANY of the Original Series discs - often getting through only a single episode before putting on Babylon 5 or something else.

Its the actors. I'm constantly reminded how much acting has advanced over the past few decades when I watch older shows. People back in the 60's and 70's just didn't know how to act their way out of a paper bag.

Voyager is just "meh". It's not Enterprises' version of awfulness, which can be summed up as "WHY ARE YOU DOING ANY OF THESE THINGS!". And its got actors that act, talk, and react in ways that wouldn't shame a high school theatrics class like TOS does. At the same time, it doesn't have the breadth of imagination that the Next Generation does - after you get past the awfulness of TNG's first season. And lacks the interesting and detailed characters that Deep Space 9 benefits from.

Vedli

Jul 5, 2013
Sidney Buit said:
Vedli said:
Er no, I think you'll find the original series is leaps and bounds ahead of Voyager. I'll happily watch the first season of TOS over the first 4 seasons of Voyager. /Nerd Rage
This is quite a subjective thing, no? I've happily watched every episode of Voyager on DVD multiple times. At the same time, I can only ever shake my head whenever I try to watch ANY of the Original Series discs - often getting through only a single episode before putting on Babylon 5 or something else.

Its the actors. I'm constantly reminded how much acting has advanced over the past few decades when I watch older shows. People back in the 60's and 70's just didn't know how to act their way out of a paper bag.

Voyager is just "meh". It's not Enterprises' version of awfulness, which can be summed up as "WHY ARE YOU DOING ANY OF THESE THINGS!". And its got actors that act, talk, and react in ways that wouldn't shame a high school theatrics class like TOS does. At the same time, it doesn't have the breadth of imagination that the Next Generation does - after you get past the awfulness of TNG's first season. And lacks the interesting and detailed characters that Deep Space 9 benefits from.
True enough on it been subjective but I would argue that episodes like The city on the edge of forever, The conscience of the king and Balance of terror have some wonderful acting moments in them. It is very stylised and very theatrical in its delivery and if that's not your thing fair enough but I am sorry but it is far from being bad. Also some of the actors of Voyager aren't exactly great, for example Garret Wang basically plays a character who seems to be part tree Robert Beltran could be described as man who quickly stops giving a shit to the point I'm amazed he wasn't reading his lines of the script in order to get it over with asap (not that I blame him mind)and then you have Neelix which, well that just speaks for itself doesn't it.

TOS doesn't have Neelix which makes TOS about 1000% better. Ok but seriously when it gets right down to it it's the writing that tends to bug me about Voyager which for me tends to range from trite to stupid (with a few stand outs) with a good amount of technobable thrown in to pad out the episode.

Snowbell said:
Is there actually a good RPG set aboard the Enterprise C (I think that's the Next Gen one) or the Voyager? I'm talking Mass Effect style where you're mainly first person and exploring the ship/planet rather than controlling an armada of ships. I would play the hell out of that, especially looking at how fantastic it looks even in Minecraft :<
The Answer to your question is no, The closest thing would be the Elite Forces games in which the first one does have an expansion where you can explore all of Voyager. Also the Enterprise in TNG is 1701-D

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Am i the only one here who really likes voyager? I mean sure its not as good as The Next Generation (which is one of the best shows on tv) or Deep Space 9 but its still really good, and if im honest both the original series and enterprise are pretty crap.

Although having said that, Wrath Of Khan is really good

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
spartandude said:
Am i the only one here who really likes voyager? I mean sure its not as good as The Next Generation (which is one of the best shows on tv) or Deep Space 9 but its still really good, and if im honest both the original series and enterprise are pretty crap.

Although having said that, Wrath Of Khan is really good
I'm with you, I grew up watching the older movies, then catching waning years of TNG, and went through my high school years with DS9 and Voyager. DS9 was by far, better, with the arcs they were able to pull off, but Voyager DEFINITELY had it's moments, such as the arc involving the 8472, and Year of Hell. Sure, Captain Flemeth was meh most of the time, and pretty terrible at other times, but the rest of the crew were pretty awesome for the most part, and I liked the dynamic set up that a good part of the crew were criminals to the Federation, due to events that tied into DS9. Come on, who can honestly say they don't like the Paris/Kim heavy episodes?