Minecraft Creator Notch Calls in to LRR's Desert Bus

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
It would be cool if they could do a highlits footage or something. I've probably watched about 20 hours of desert bus total, but I need to sleep and sometimes you just miss things.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
I missed Notch (by, like, an hour) but got to see Duke Nukem call in, and saw Sam from Sam and Fuzzy fame.

So, it wasn't all that bad.

Unfortunately, where I live they measure how much internets is being used, and a live feed surprisingly takes up quite a bit. A Steam update running at the same time also might have contributed. Time really does go quite quickly when you're watching the feed.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
zehydra said:
lol judging by the reactions, I'd say Notch has become Minecraft's Moot.
With the amount of love /tg/ has for Minecraft you have no idea how right that observation is.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
He makes $300,000 dollars every week off of Minecraft and that's all he could donate? Cheap bastard.

[small]I kid, I kid. Good of the man.[/small]

I'm wondering what this new game he's working on...
I thought it was $350,000 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103828-MineCraft-Makes-350-000-a-Day] a day?

That said, $2,000 is way more than I can donate, so definitely congratulations to him. I bet the call was hilarious too...:p

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
He makes $300,000 dollars every week off of Minecraft and that's all he could donate? Cheap bastard.

[small]I kid, I kid. Good of the man.[/small]

I'm wondering what this new game he's working on...
Well, he is paying Swedish taxes, so he probably clears about $50 when it's all said and done.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
I missed all this because I was asleep during the night, unlike Notch. Most of the guests seem to come when I'm offline, missed Duke Nukem to. :< Still watched a few hours over the week, been funny so far.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I managed to catch it! Very unexpected! It was late in the UK at the time he rang, so i was rather lucky.
He sounds liek a genuinly nice guy. He said he may ring up again sometime!

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Im impressed that not one person has trolled, "Should be spending more time working on Minecraft than talking to LRR..." :p

Awesome gesture from Notch though, nothing but the utmost respect for the guy!