Minecraft help - Sever enjoys deleting things.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Hi,

A few days ago, our sever went down. The hosting site is Nitrous Networks, and judging by the response on the site, a lot of their severs had this problem.
Eventually, it was sorted, though when we logged back on, part of our spawn town was missing. It seemed as though an invisible square had been drawn, and whatever was in that square was reset back to before we build anything, or, at least, to some time ago (for example, one of my friend's houses was completed deleted, and the land reset. Another one was partially built, as it was a few days ago).

Anyway, we got over this, and rebuilt, and all was fine and dandy.

Until today.

I installed a plugin, and reset the server. However when we logged back on....half of the stuff was missing again. Here I have a handy image....
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/20120816174343.png/]
You can see where the arrow is pointing - an almost straight line where everything was reset. We had a large path going round the lake, and some buildings on the other side. The house on the left has also been reset to the way it was a while ago, whilst still being built.
Additionally, another town I was working on a short distance away, was also partially reset - trees that I had cut down were back, and a wall I had built disappeared.

We don't have a back up, which is the first thing that I'm getting on now.

If anyone knows of a) A way that we can essentially turn back time before 5pm (GMT) today, please let me know!
And b) Why resetting the server (I assume that's what caused it) did this?

Thank you.
Obviously we don't want to build any more in case this happens again, and it's quite disheartening...
I also have the sever logs, if that is any help.