Minecraft Menu Drops the N-Bomb

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
FamoFunk said:
I don't find it funny at all. It's a poor attempt of being it.

I find it quite sad when racial slurs are supposed to be humorous.
And yet stand-up comedians always fall back on it with nobody really complaining. But then, I don't really watch stand-ups anymore. It's all reused and rehashed stuff for me.
Renegade-pizza said:
Well...I'm Afrikaans, but I doubt I'd play it on Afrikaans. I don't know why, but I just prefer reading and playing things in English. Perhaps its the Imperialist Nothern-Western Hemisphere trying to opress my culture!!!! That or I just don't give a crap about what language I use.

Besides English will get you a bit farther than Afrikaans EVEN IN SOUTH-AFRIKA!!!

EDIT: Fun fact: Afrikaans is the world's youngest language :p
Remember, Klingon is an official language now, so Afrikaans isn't the youngest in the family anymore.
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
How dare you imply the language of my people is made up, I for one proudly speak Canadian english!

[sub](It does exists, just a handful of different spelling for words. Like colour and theatre)[/sub]
Don't forget it is also aboot how someone speaks it.
IamQ said:
There's a K-word?
Watch Lethal Weapon 2, sometime. It's used a few times.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Why are so many people saying "hur dur 4chan would do this" when 4chan is what actually made Minecraft good? Well, until Reddit got their shit-covered hands involved.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Just a word. It's meaning has long since become redundant and the people of whom it originally referred are long dead.

Taking offense from this seems silly, to me.

Call me whatever you like. Just a word(s).

yukshee

Oct 2, 2009
Technical skills>Imagination

Low rent trolling :(

Seriously if you want to wind up white South Africans just say you thought they were Australian...my nephew has threatened to go Soweto on me if I ask him "How are the Australians doing when he's watching the Springboks!

If he'd gone for the colloquial slang Ebonic "nigga" he could's done a "Nigga stole my bike" meme...dude needs a writer.

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
.... This generation has no shot. More "this was poor trolling." Than "Hey using racial slurs isn't funny."

hoof ardet

Mar 26, 2010
Sigh... more racist crap from games and more acceptance of that racist crap from the gaming community. Of course people just find this funny, everyone loved the minstrel character in Deus Ex too. Stay classy gamers.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
How dare you imply the language of my people is made up, I for one proudly speak Canadian english!

[sub](It does exists, just a handful of different spelling for words. Like colour and theatre)[/sub]
So...Canadian English is the same as actual English, as spoken in, for example, England then?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
thaluikhain said:

So...Canadian English is the same as actual English, as spoken in, for example, England then?
Possibly....

Do you guys say aboot? :p

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
Heimir said:
The N-Bomb? What are we? 5 years old? Use the proper word like an adult, ffs.
To paraphrase Louis CK, "The one word I'm most offended by is the N-word. Not "******" by the way, but the N-word. The N-word is just a white person's excuse to say "******". Whenever a white person says the N-word, automatically the word "******" comes into the person's head. That's what saying a word means."