Minecraft Multiplayer Brought Down by DDoS Attack

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I call bullocks on all this, it's probably just a bunch of lowlifes trying to get some 15 mins of pointless internet reputation out of someone else's attack.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
You guys aren't fans. You're just a bunch of dicks.
Aw yeah, tell it how it is Andy!
Anyway, this is really stupid isn't Minecraft run by, like, one guy? How could these fans (read as: dicks) expect the game to be updated constantly?
You know, the really is nothing more to say but this;
Andy Chalk said:
You guys aren't fans. You're just a bunch of dicks.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
He has an update coming out... October 31st. He's been busy with his business and everything. This takes the stupid "I WANT MORE GIMME GIMME GUH GUH" mentality of a large proportion of gamers too far... This is like a group of people breaking a store's windows because the free upgrade to their car is scheduled to come out a week and a half later, but they want it NAOOOOO.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
You stupid trolls. He's sold you a great game which he's updating, and your'll receive future updates of, for cheap.

In return, you DDOS him? At least hack him properly, you lazy pricks.

May 28, 2009
Since all Notch seems to do is live and breathe Minecraft, I think he'd be perfectly within his rights to say to them, "Fuck you!", take his cash, and not do anything until they come crawling on their knees to him.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
You're just a bunch of dicks.
I thought of posting this just before I read it, so I'll say this

It is not your game

You are not the developer

The developer will do it when he's ready, because he's human and has constraints

...yea, you're dicks (Sorry Andy)

EDIT: I think he shouldn't update it at all for a long time because of this. A lot of stuff is functional right now, it's easily worth the ?9.95 (or £8.97). Also, an update was due on Halloween, which we haven't reached yet. That's in over a week. Dicks.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
IRaithI said:
Do they understand that they dont rule anything? If they want the update so bad then STFU, sit the f*ck back and wait. With this they are only slowing him down and he might even cancel the haloween update. If I was him I'd shut it down till I get an apology or something from the dudes who did it. And I'd make sure that no one would be able to play the game singleplayer or otherwise.
I say, go for it. If it makes the attack stop and the people responsible understand that they are not entitled to anything, it would be worth it.

Shut it all down and read a nice book.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Pity, first game I've found in a long time I really enjoyed and someone went and ruined it. First it was the griefers in game, and now this.

What're the odds they're one and the same?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
wow, you must be a real baby to attack Minecraft just because you didn't get the updates as soon as you wanted.

They do realise that the updates may take even longer now.

These guys must be really pathetic.

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
*Sign* Anonymous is really amazing, sometimes it hunts down animal cruelty perps, exposes a cult or protests racism. Then it picks on a small indie developer and causes misery to thousands because it has a hissy fit. Hopefully there are real fans in the hacker community who'll be able to trace the IRL details of these wankers so they can face there eternity of goatsection.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
How fucking ungrateful. Not only to you attack an indie developers work, but also ruin it for everyone else.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
We don't like the way you are handling YOUR OWN GAME!! We DEMAND that you do it the way WE want! To help you achieve that goal we are going to cripple your servers!! Because nothing helps speed up the development process like bringing down part of what you need to do that development!!

Idiots.

Hey guys heres a brilliant idea. Now I want you to open up your mind real wide for this one 'cause I'm about to totally freak you out. Ready for this?

If you don't like the game, don't play it.

I know I know...its a completely new idea that you may have never seen/heard of before. But really, it works.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Well said Andy, well said. They're all d*cks.
What makes them think they have the right to demand anything?

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Well aren't they a bunch of jerks.
If your a fan you can request it, not ruin it for million others.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Hey, Notch, you might want to address those people and tell them to "fuck off".

If they keep up the attacks, I'm pretty sure there will be people not happy with that and far more proficient in this type of thing.

Also, hey, you, "fans": you suck. I don't think you can bully a person who has already earned more than you ever will into complying with your demands.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Is this Anonymous's work again?

Man, that guy is *content removed to protect from Anonymous's Wrath*.

But seriously, Andy is right. Players who bring the game down are not fans.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
They think that they're standing up for the customers, their fellow gamers, but in reality they're punishing them by crashing the servers so they can't play. As someone else said, Notch is only one guy, and it's odd that they're expecting frequent updates from him. It takes time. All in all, these guys are just complete pricks for doing this.

Canadian Fodder

Watcher
May 19, 2009
Being a fanboy of Valve, I've been conditioned to the term "when it's done" and late updates. This is compleatly unreasonable and how can this speed up his work?