Minecraft Players Get Blocky Yet Adorable Pet Wolves

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I was like Oh Wolfies...The he shook off the water and I was sold!

Also...They have dyes maybe they can make em dyeable (just like Browns n Blacks tho)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
Wow Notch, way to put mods in the main game! Truly Mojang is the developer of the decade.
Well, now I don't have to go searching for a mod. And besides, he's going as fast as he can be expected to, considering that:

A: He took a vacation.
B: Awards ceremonies... lots of them.
C: He's taking aquatics courses.
D: Their office has been dismantled.

Also, how are they supposed to implement new ideas when modders with nothing better to do keep beating them to the punch?

People are getting less reasonable as time goes on.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
lacktheknack said:
FredTheUndead said:
Wow Notch, way to put mods in the main game! Truly Mojang is the developer of the decade.
A: He took a vacation.
He took several, in succession. Without updates.

For a game that ISN'T FUCKING FINISHED.

How is this an excuse?

D: Their office has been dismantled.
Now that would be fair, but hardly explained the months of time it takes to get out the smallest of content.

Also, how are they supposed to implement new ideas when modders with nothing better to do keep beating them to the punch?
Modders aren't millionaires thanks to an UNFINISHED PRODUCT. Notch has slowed to a crawl with releasing now content, and often when he DOES release it, the new content is specifically stated to be mod content added to the main game (literally everything but beds in the last update were mod content).

Mojang needs to
A: Hurry the fuck up, or
B: Just release proper mod support because clearly modders can do better things with Minecraft anyway despite not being professionals with millions backing them.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
that's awesome! i hope you can make them your pets. like your own personal attack dogs.

CarlMinez said:
This might just make me want to buy minecraft!
wolves make you want to buy Minecraft? not that you can build anything you can imagine? not that you have monsters to defend against? not that it costs a fraction of the average AAA game, and yet is more fun than any of them? not that it has unlimited replay value?

Do you really like dogs that much? Or are you just hating against one of the best games ever made?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
FredTheUndead said:

They're still there. And he still has to attend them.

How is this an excuse?

The same reason I've suspended my LP until further notice... classes are freaking time-consuming.

Mojang needs to
B: Just release proper mod support because clearly modders can do better things with Minecraft anyway despite not being professionals with millions backing them.
No... they don't. You've already stated that you're more impressed with the mods than the devs, and they still work as is. You could always just download a whole whack of mods and pretend Mojang doesn't exist.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
lacktheknack said:
FredTheUndead said:

They're still there. And he still has to attend them.
No, he really does not. He could send a representative. He could say "no, I have a duty to FINISH THE GODDAMN GAME before accepting any awards for it." He could do anything besides delaying completion even more.

How is this an excuse?

The same reason I've suspended my LP until further notice... classes are freaking time-consuming.
But he doesn't need to be taking them to begin with, and certainly should not be giving precedence to such things over WORK.

Mojang needs to
No... they don't. You've already stated that you're more impressed with the mods than the devs, and they still work as is. You could always just download a whole whack of mods and pretend Mojang doesn't exist.
And I would be happy to, as they are clearly more competent, but Notch refuses to implement proper mod support or release source code, which actively limits modders and breaks mods every update.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
And I would be happy to, as they are clearly more competent, but Notch refuses to implement proper mod support or release source code, which actively limits modders and breaks mods every update.
I'm just gonna stop you here... he's not "refusing" to do anything. He's said multiple times that he plans to do mod support, and is in fact currently working on it.

Guess you'll have to wait. Oh well.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Nickompoop said:
that's awesome! i hope you can make them your pets. like your own personal attack dogs.

CarlMinez said:
This might just make me want to buy minecraft!
wolves make you want to buy Minecraft? not that you can build anything you can imagine? not that you have monsters to defend against? not that it costs a fraction of the average AAA game, and yet is more fun than any of them? not that it has unlimited replay value?

Do you really like dogs that much? Or are you just hating against one of the best games ever made?
Yeah absolutely. I mean, why would I want to spend my money on something that does not have any wolves or canines in it? Didn't you see those block wolves? They were adorable!

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
lacktheknack said:
FredTheUndead said:
I'm just gonna stop you here... he's not "refusing" to do anything. He's said multiple times that he plans to do mod support, and is in fact currently working on it.

Guess you'll have to wait. Oh well.
Yes, wait 2 months for an update that's mostly mod content+1 other thing (oh boy, BEDS).

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
This looks cool and funny :D

Nice how they can attack other mobs for you, maybe they can defend you against Creepers :)

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
FredTheUndead said:
Mojang needs to
Wow, someone is a little impatient. Seriously, have you ever tried to make a game or code anything? It is far from easy, and with a ton of people like you demanding that he hurry up, it isn't any easier. People have lives outside of computers, you know. All these people that want him to spend every second his life on this game don't deserve to play it.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Only the words of Knives Chau can express my opinion of this announcement.