Minecraft Studio Unveils New Title Called Scrolls

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Wouldn't mind trying it out. I like how this game is pretty much the complete opposite of Minecraft.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eh, looks interesting, I might give it a look. Card games are totally for young, pathetic, man-children with no lives and sustaining virginities anyway!

[sup]Hides Yu-Gi-Oh deck his friend gave him...[/sup]

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
It's funny how people are so excited about a game from a studio that hasn't released a full project yet. I will probably have a look at it however.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
I hear the developer headcount at Mojang is pretty low. Seems to me a bad idea to split time from a project that made you and is unfinished.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Oooh, sounds kind of cool. I'm not that into card games, but a virtual one might be good. I loved the FF 8 card game, might be fun to have a new version of it.

Ethman91

Feb 4, 2011
If its free that means I can quit wasting $50 a month on MTG cards!!!!!!!!! I'm saved! Thank you Notch!

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Sounds interesting, certainly taking a different path from Minecraft heh.

Although, let me say this: Don't do it, Mojang! Stick to single player games! You don't want to deal with competitive multiplayer games where the "nerfs" and "buffs" fly like arrows and your game gets "ruined forever" every thirty minutes!

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I will certainly try it out, I have a few friends that are super into Magic: The Gathering and that's a bit before my time so I'll see about hooking them into this. Hopefully I won't be left out of as many conversations that way.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Minecraft isnt my kind of a game. But Scrolls sounds like something id like to get involved with.

I bet the creators have played some good hours of Magic The Gathering or Yu Gi Oh

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
If any other company were doing this I'd be worried that it's on the path to microtransactions. Somehow, I don't think that's Notch's style.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
All the people saying that Notch shouldn't be focusing on a seperate game project while one game is unfinished; you're missing a significant point:

Notch can do whatever the fuck he wants.

EDIT: Haha, Necro'd from a link from another thread! My apologies.

Regeaj

Aug 3, 2011
I'm glad i got Minecraft in Alpha, free DLC, get MC cheaper, and I have a chance to get into Scrolls Alpha

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Icehearted said:
and the backstory for Scrolls is actually being worked on by Penny Arcade's Jerry "Tycho" Holkins.
You mean the guy that couldn't finish his own game? Yeah.....
That's a little unfair. He IS finishing it, just in story form. Keep in mind that it was Gabe's (I don't know his real name off-hand) whining that killed the Rain Slick games. Tycho wanted to finish the series.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Icehearted said:
and the backstory for Scrolls is actually being worked on by Penny Arcade's Jerry "Tycho" Holkins.
You mean the guy that couldn't finish his own game? Yeah.....
That's a little unfair. He IS finishing it, just in story form. Keep in mind that it was Gabe's (I don't know his real name off-hand) whining that killed the Rain Slick games. Tycho wanted to finish the series.
Indeed, but as unfair as it was to their paying customers that were left hanging?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Icehearted said:
Indeed, but as unfair as it was to their paying customers that were left hanging?
Well, like I said, Tycho wanted to finish the game. So it's unfair to dub him as "the guy that couldn't finish his own game". It was mostly Gabe's negativity that killed Rain Slick. Tycho, on the other hand, is working on finishing (or has finished) the story on their site in the only way that he can do on his own.