Minecraft... the horror, the horror

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Just jam doors on all of your castles and they'll be fine; don't make the windows too big, either.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Sixcess said:
SnipErlite said:
Hold on - Can they be stopped by building a wall like:

[][]
[]
[]
[]

Around the edge of your fort (with the lip pointing outwards)? Can they climb upside down, or just up vertical walls?
I just made exactly that rather hasty addition to my tower walls. As far as I know it's only vertical walls they can climb.

For now at least *shudder*

It's surely only a matter of time before Notch introduces the ultimate horror... imagine if there was a monster that could dig...
They can climb on ceilings.

Also, I find exploring the world to be the creepiest thing. I was walking around my terrain (Mountain grassy terrain) and suddenly... Desert. A cliff of sand, then a desert. I found a cave in the cliff that had a stone I shape in it. I ran back to my castle Q_Q

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Spelunking... finding natural caves with plenty of dark corners. And multiple levels. Ughhh skeletons, spiders, creepers... gah! I figured out strategically walling parts off is the best way to proceed lol.

But yeah, there's been some scary moments for sure.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Being that there's an option I'm smart enough to use called "Peaceful mode," which turns off monsters in their monument-wrecking entirety, Minecraft isn't scary at all for me. This way you can focus on building things, I find.

Morayman

Oct 3, 2007
I returned to my home via the back door after a hard nights mining, and saw a creeper staring at me in the front doorway which was wideopen... waiting for me.

that was quite disturbing

Marmalade

Mar 23, 2009
I was mining a monster trap under a monster spawner and it got a little darker and i thought " I should probably put out a new torch otherwise a spider will probably jump into my face and rape me" half a second after BAM! Spider to the face player to the spawn. I screamed so hard my mother thought I fell of the chair...

Which i did...

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Sixcess said:
It's surely only a matter of time before Notch introduces the ultimate horror... imagine if there was a monster that could dig...
There will be lass(your avatar is a girl). There will be.
At-least if anyone is going to be able to make a MP zombie tower defense mod. That would be sweet.

OT: My first night, I knew that i had to take shelter, so i built a small shack under a tree (pro-tip: BIG fucking mistake) and spent the night. i got bored halfway, so i put some music on in my computer. As the sun rose, i tentatively crawled out of my cozy hovel; took A step; turned around just in time to see something green standing Literally behind my open door, blow up! Somehow i didn't die.....however my hovel was a hole in the ground......and i was laughing my ass off after the initial shock, so maybe it wasn't THAT bad.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I gotta get this game.
I was looking into it, but ended up with something else instead.

I really want to build a castle overlooking a bay, and then build a boat and travel to the ends of the earth.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
WOPR said:
I'm beginning to feel more and more like the only person that isn't scared by this game

...and everyone I know who's scared of it is a complete pansy and acts like a douche whenever I mention it

in short- I don't understand how this is scary, stop trying to convince me it is
and go play amnesia and make sure you don't crap yourself (because if minecraft scares you... dang that's sad)
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I can see why Minecraft wouldn't be scary to some people, but if you look past the graphics and let yourself be drawn into the world it can create an amazing mood of isolation and unseen horrors around every corner... maybe.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
So I basically went into Minecraft completely blind without knowing what to do or how to craft. Here's my primary thoughts from my single player experience:

"Huh. So this is Minecraft."

"HAHAHAHA, I CAN PUNCH SHEEP FOR WOOL!"

"Guess I'll just wander around for a bit and see what I can find."

"Huh, it's getting dark out, nice, a day/night cycle..."

"Oh look, zombies! I wonder what I'll get if I punch them!"

Cue several explosions and a death scene. I went for an early game walkthrough instantly.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Sixcess said:
Yeah, those castle walls you've built? Not so safe now, are they?
Meh I took the precaution as soon as heard about this to top the entirety of my fortress (which is massive, at least 4 chunks) with several overhanging layers which spiders can't climb, I also installed several 'burning nether fields around my base to deal with potential enemies, besides my emergency safe room and self destruct systems (water only) deal with most enemies..
[/quote]

Um the scariest time, when I was first going down a deep shaft and I fell into a dungeon, having never experienced one before I killed everything hastily and then mined some stone and turned around and almost died at the zombie who just spawned behind me.. I never got any sleep after that.. :p

josh the pokemon

Apr 19, 2010
On my first day I thought it would be a good idea to make some armor from leather to defend myself from the zombies I had heard would come at night. After constructing a full suit of leather armor I began building a large house, completely unaware how close night was. By night time I had only collected enough wood to make the walls of my house 2 blocks high. I sat in the middle of my house for a while, but a skeleton saw me through the door and started shooting, so I then hid in the corner. Everything was fine until I looked up and saw a spider just casually sitting on top of my wall. Then came his friends... My armor wasn't much help against 6 spiders in a enclosed space.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
smearyllama said:
I gotta get this game.
I was looking into it, but ended up with something else instead.

I really want to build a castle overlooking a bay, and then build a boat and travel to the ends of the earth.
You really should. The world is huge and one of my favourite things to do is to build a boat and go exploring until I find a particularly cool looking place to build my next outpost. Of course since you can't change your spawn point you have to be extra careful, because if you die you might never find that place again, and knowing that really ramps up the tension.

Kalahee

Jan 12, 2011
WOPR said:
I'm beginning to feel more and more like the only person that isn't scared by this game

...and everyone I know who's scared of it is a complete pansy and acts like a douche whenever I mention it

in short- I don't understand how this is scary, stop trying to convince me it is
I guess it's more a paranoia that get you on as mobs sound knows no bound and makes it troublesome to locate before you died in few hits or one explosion. While in the caves, you lose your sense of direction and gets irritating to find the exit, well that part is probably more frustrating.

and go play amnesia and make sure you don't crap yourself (because if minecraft scares you... dang that's sad)
I've played Amnesia, light closed on a 42 inch TV sounds on. It's thrilling, but I wasn't scared as much as I was annoyed that hiding from enemies in midly black corner in a partially lit room was bad for your mental, you couldn't make sure the enemy was gone cuz looking at it could make discovered, but Daniel is so scared that his teeth could be giving his position and he was expecting himself to kill someone, but not some person-shaped standing there. Even the girl from "Haunting Ground" on PS2 had more balls.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
(puts on glasses) "Shit just got real"
Just saw all the new stuff, its awesome.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Yeah, the scariest moment for me is when I was mining a miniature cave under my house for 1: Something to do, and 2: To collect supplies. Unfortunately I was not aware of Minecraft rule number 1. Don't dig straight down. I ended up in a cave, and all I could see was the red eyes of spiders coming towards me.
My thought process at the time went as follows...
'dig dig dig dig dig dig...'
*Falls*
'Shit fuck wank, what the he-'
*Sees red eyes in the distance*
'Oh shit...'