Miracle of Sound: Age of the Dragon (Dragon Age 2 Song)

GGZeta

Mar 11, 2011
Fantastic! I'm really excited about this and I hope it becomes a regular update. Hopefully it won't end up being the exact same song with different lyrics every week like Rebecca Mayes Muse ended up being.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Not bad.
What happened to Rebecca Mayes?
Not that I liked her videos, but she was gone so suddenly and silently I just wonder ;)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
CommanderKirov said:
Where the hell do they have all the cool CGI from?
Don't press start on the title menu and it plays!

DeepwellBridge said:
Great music man! Good song with very complex harmonies. We want MOAR!
Glad you dig it and that you noticed the harmonies. I like when people notice the effort that goes into the little details like that :)

Apr 28, 2008
Kenjitsuka said:
Not bad.
What happened to Rebecca Mayes?
Not that I liked her videos, but she was gone so suddenly and silently I just wonder ;)
Her Christmas song was her last. Well last here at least. Not too sure why she left though.
MiracleOfSound said:
CommanderKirov said:
Where the hell do they have all the cool CGI from?
Don't press start on the title menu and it plays!
I just wish that they had more CGI for you to work with. Re-using the same scenes seemed pretty silly to me. But again, its not like you had much to work with...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Irridium said:
I just wish that they had more CGI for you to work with. Re-using the same scenes seemed pretty silly to me. But again, its not like you had much to work with...
Yeah there is only one scene in the whole game, and it's not even in the actual game. Prob won't be an issue for other vids!

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
This is just an awesome song. I find myself listening to it over and over. I'm going to buy it just so I can listen to it in places where I don't have the internet. I'll get "Commander Shepard" too while I'm at it. I look forward hearing to more epic songs from you.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Awesome! It's great you've got a slot on the Escapist now! The've been needing some new great shows for a while now :p

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
After checking out the rest of your work on YouTube, I can say that this beats the other Escapist music show anyday. And that "Muses" show was not realy bad. It's just this is plain amazing music.

Almost perfect timing accompanied by quite excellent blending of different instrumental numbers...

Although if I would have one complaint is that your vocal range seems slightly limited, is this so or will you perhaps shock us in the future videos?

Anyway, another great catch for you Escapist. And yet another bi-weekly segment I'm going to be addicted to.

ForensicYOYO

Jun 12, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Age of the Dragon (Dragon Age 2 Song)

The Dragon Age 2 Song. Music and Lyrics by MiracleOfSound (Gavin Dunne). Video by The Escapist

Watch Video
Dude u got ur own show? Thats awesome! I remember back when yall did Gordon Freeman Saved my life. Good stuff dude keep it up!

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
Well, lookie at that.

I might not care much for the game, but that chorus was quite shockingly good.

How did you just make rock perfectly fit the fantasy setting? Masterful.
Yeah, I really dislike Dragon Age II, but this is just brilliant.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Age of the Dragon (Dragon Age 2 Song)

The Dragon Age 2 Song. Music and Lyrics by MiracleOfSound (Gavin Dunne). Video by The Escapist

Watch Video
Purchased the song on your Bandcamp site today. Keep up the good work! :D

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
Loved your Commander Shepard song, love this one just as much. Not only rockin songs, but brilliant lyrics lol. Keep up the awesome work.

DeepwellBridge

Mar 17, 2011
Glad you dig it and that you noticed the harmonies. I like when people notice the effort that goes into the little details like that :)[/quote said:
It helps when you go to music school:) Like the bitonality in the instrumental bridge section. e minor and G sharp minor at the same time = a rocking good time.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
"Fight for you values and fight for your friends!" is a really silly refrain, but I'm still coming back to this song because it has a catchiness that simply will not relent.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
This song almost scrubbed away the memories of how goddamn lacklustre the game is, that takes some doing- Im gonna be following these fervently.