Miracle of Sound: Beneath the Black Flag (Assassin's Creed IV)

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Again another awesome song, and enjoying the call back to other songs with the bioshock infinite and now this with justice runs in crimson rivers.

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
Very good. Much more high-energy and awesome than the last song. You may have outdone Alestorm with this. Excellent job.

incidentally, did i detect a little Finntroll influence in your use of the harmonica?

talker

Nov 18, 2011
one of their best songs yet, pity they reused the 'justice runs in crimson rivers' line from the last asscred song.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
TheCaptain said:
elvor0 said:
I did quite enjoy that, though unfortunately Gavin, as much as I always love your work, I do have to say there's no beating Alestorm at their own game.:p For they have Keelhauled!:

The song does heavily remind me of a softer version of them though. :D
I do think Gav has cited Alestorm as one of the influences in making this song, tho. Also, since it's a pirate video game metal song, I found it to be closer to the other pirate video game metal song:

With that number of adjectives, I'm rather surprised there are two of them.

Also you guys made me listen to Alestrom, I can't thank you enough for that. =)

AndrewJamesDrake

Jul 22, 2013
Gavin... seriously... my wallet canna take the stress!

All these songs keep making me want the games you use as the subject.

Just kidding, keep murdering my wallet. I didn't mind the Steam Sales, so I sure don't mind you taking your +5 Dagger of Monetary Redirection and jamming it right into my wallet in exchange for awesome music.

ClockworkSailor

Aug 29, 2011
Oh hell yes Gav! Finally you have blessed me with a song to blast on field day when I have to go back to my ship that is thematically appropriate. Keep on rocking Gavin. Love the new track!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
talker said:
one of their best songs yet, pity they reused the 'justice runs in crimson rivers' line from the last asscred song.
That's a technique I use to link songs together about the same subject matter. It divides opinion but most people like it and I like it myself :)

AndrewJamesDrake said:
Gavin... seriously... my wallet canna take the stress!

All these songs keep making me want the games you use as the subject.
Tell the devs that! :D

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
Pirates always wins, great job.

Now I really want a good ol' fashioned pirate game, with myths and monsters, but without being shackled to the Assassins'/Assassin's Creed franchise.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
\m/ Hell of a song, Gavin! You don't care that a game's out yet before you make a kick-ass song out of it.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I'm not normally fond of metal, but I keep replaying this one again and again.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
I think this game has potential to become the best one out of the series yet. well done lads!