Miracle of Sound: Breaking Down The Borders (Borderlands 2)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Breaking Down The Borders (Borderlands 2)

Cause we?re breaking down the borders as we light up the lands.

Watch Video

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
It occurs to me now that I may in fact have some of the most boring looking guns in Borderlands 2, but damn if I'm giving up my +100% melee damage on Zero.

Loremaster P

Nov 23, 2009
Finally :D Been waiting all day for this and it didn't disappoint.
One of the things i admire about you, even though i have no interest in playing the games your songs about them are all amazing.
Nuthin else to say but keep it up, and can't wait for next month's tune.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
As usual, with most of your work Gav, I love it. Also that Scooter voice is uncanny.

Sounds like something that you would hear in Borderlands as well.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Wow ... that was instantly awesome. Gav, it amazes me that, within the same week, you release two songs that blow me away (by the way, Blood of the Creed was great). The rhythm of this song was just spot on, and it made it immediately jump off the screen and very, very memorable. The aesthetic and tone of it was also very well done, getting both the feel of the game's outback-esque setting and the multiplayer-party atmosphere down. This is up there with Mortal Kombat Party in terms of convincing me to play a game I had never considered just because of how fun you make it sound like. Great job man.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
like the whole vibe of the original game's opening going in this song (if that is the case for this game too, then i do apologise... haven't played it yet...)

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
This is just too good.

I also love the Scooter voice. Makes me lol.

Keep up the good work, Gav. :D

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Pretty badass. Definitely a change of pace from your usual songs, and I love it when you do that. My favorite song of yours is one you've never really repeated: Little Sister. I'm glad that your ability to take only one song a month is letting you put more love into your songs. :)

Here's to hoping you'll be doing Dishonored next month!

[small]And here's to hoping it'll be like Little Sister. Though SCreed III would be good too. Or X-COM. Or... hell, I'll enjoy whatever you choose to do anyways.[/small]

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
As usual, with most of your work Gav, I love it. Also that Scooter voice is uncanny.

Wait so you mean that's not actually a sound file from the game? /mindblown

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I felt that the ending was a little abrupt, but other than that outstanding work as always.

Mourne

Jan 28, 2010
I must say, it wasn't too bad. It's not one of my favorties, but I think that you really captured the feel of Borderlands in it.

And I'm guessing it's just me, but I really felt like there was some Redemption Blues underlying the rhythm of the song.

Great job, though. =)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Mamzelle_Kat said:
Andy Shandy said:

Nope, it's just me doing an impersonation :)

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
That was sweet. Perfect feeling/sound for that game. If you keep this quality to all of your songs, I say it was worth those two extra weeks of work!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
MiracleOfSound said:
Mamzelle_Kat said:
Andy Shandy said:

Nope, it's just me doing an impersonation :)
:D Very good song.
One question: How many accents can you do?

All the ones I have heard you do so far are very good.

Ansem-The-Wise

Oct 19, 2008
Lovely. It's sound really similar to Cage The Elephant's style, especially with the bluesy guitar. If I can make one complaint, it's that the song cuts out too suddenly for my taste. Would have preferred if the main guitar went on a bit longer. Still, fantastic song, Gavin. Definitely worth the wait.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
You, kind sir, simply keep delivering the awesome.

Also, I personally think that this style of songs really suits your voice.

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
Imp Emissary said:
One question: How many accents can you do?

All the ones I have heard you do so far are very good.
I thought everybody hated his Irish accent =D

Nice song, despite the fact that I utterly hate Borderlands. Reminds me of both L4D2 intro and The Ballad of Clay Carmine.

Hope next month the song will tell us new ways of dealing with drunken whaler =D