Miracle of Sound: Dream of the Sky (BioShock: Infinite)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dream of the Sky (BioShock: Infinite)

And I dream of the sky, broken clouds drifting by.

Watch Video

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
...Wow.

I've loved some of your other work, but this is just above pretty much all of it, immediately.

Must admit, after seeing it hyped up a lot by people who'd heard it, I was expecting to be slightly disappointed. But just...wow.

I had goosebumps for pretty much the whole second half of the song.

Absolutely fantastic work from everyone involved. :D

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
Bravo, Bravo.

Covers everything Bioshock Infinite had to say, from the shining city to the depths of hell and (way way) beyond.

This one could be up there with Sovngarde Song and New Black Gold.

Darklord008

Dec 14, 2011
That was...incredible. Seriously, everything about this song was amazing. I never thought anything could top Sovngarde Song, but this did so. Quite handily, I might add.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
This is probably my favorite work yet.

I really like the callbacks to Little Sister in the vocal patterns. Good job on that.

Helikaon

Sep 18, 2012
Gav, you've clearly developed so much as an artist. It's hard to believe that it's the same guy making this as the guy who made Gordon Freeman Saved My Life.

I got a pretty much the same feeling of amazement and understanding listening to the last section of this song, as I did with the last section of the game. The choral bit at the beginning felt like it was straight from the beginning of the game. In fact, the sections of the song pair so well with the game, it's unreal. If that was your intent, you nailed it!

Everything about this song is Fantastic! Best song to date, by far!

Well done!

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
Couldn't help but smile at the "and I dream of the sea sky". The song seems to have different styles to it, but they all flow together rather well.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Dream of the Sky (BioShock: Infinite)

And I dream of the sky, broken clouds drifting by.

Watch Video
Holy frak Gavin (hope you don't mind me calling you that) but how the hell did you pull this off? Honestly, how in the name of the Golden Throne did you pull off this amazing song? I'll be honest, my favorite part of the song was the part when it played. :D

P.S. Bought "Level Three" this morning and are you sure you're not a wizard who works with music?

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
Okay even though I'm in the middle of the song but holy shizz Gav this might be the best song you've made so far and this is my gonna be my favorite since Sovengard song. Worth every penny you spent making that song.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Wow, this one feels like it should be analysed. The song feels like it is many songs, all in one, but still strangely coherent. Which is kind of what Infinite did, too. Absolutely blown away!

Also, I'm off to buy Level 3.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Everyone in the lounge is looking at me, one of them just asked me if I was ok, turns out I teared up a bit in public, I'll be handing in my man card now.

Bravo Gav. Shit's good yo.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
What? No more "HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT" like your first impression XD

OT: This song... THIS SONG! Holy hell man. Cloudwolf wasn't kidding when he said it was good. There are a few styles here, yet they all fit and flow together so well. The lyrics are amazing, especially the first verse, and then there was that throwback to little sister towards the end with Lorna and you singing together. It was just amazing...

I know it sounds like I'm a rabid madman foaming at the mouth (and to be fair I am XD), but I was really blown away by this one, especially the part at the end. Lorna's voice is beautiful. According to bandcamp, she did the vocals for Shadows in the Moonlight too right? Well she was incredible. Use her more if you can :)

mastermarty

Feb 13, 2010
First part: yeah, this is allright.. then comes the more sinister music: holy crap, now THIS is a bioshock song! Then the perfect flow into the work-music makes it even better. If it wasn't enough, the whole Iris bit is just incredible. Did you speed up the vocals or something, because bloody hell that was fast! And than you finish it with a callback that is just genius.

Mr Dunne, you have my compliments!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Andy Shandy said:
What? No more "HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT" like your first impression XD

OT: This song... THIS SONG! Holy hell man. Cloudwolf wasn't kidding when he said it was good. There are a few styles here, yet they all fit and flow together so well. The lyrics are amazing, especially the first verse, and then there was that throwback to little sister towards the end with Lorna and you singing together. It was just amazing...

I know it sounds like I'm a rabid madman foaming at the mouth (and to be fair I am XD), but I was really blown away by this one, especially the part at the end. Lorna's voice is beautiful. According to bandcamp, she did the vocals for Shadows in the Moonlight too right? Well she was incredible. Use her more if you can :)
Fine, I'll add it here, to keep you happy XD

But yes, HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. indeed. =P

And I agree Lorna (as was everyone involved really) was amazing.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Bought level 3 about 2 hours ago, listened to this and loved it. Now watching the video I actually teared up a bit. Masterly done.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
God damn, that was amazing. I loved how you managed to get all the main three parts of the narrative together, how the first part was a kind of 'exploring Columbia part', then the whole 'Vox Populi rises' bit and finally 'fun with interdimensional madness', and that you managed to get them into one song.

I don't suppose we could have some 'extended cut' versions with a long version of all three parts, could we? ;)

Edit: I'd called the Little Sister callback there a week ago. Pity it wasn't "I dream of the sky, city up above high, I dream of the sky, there's no Eden for I" but I'll settle for getting close.