Miracle of Sound: Dream of the Sky (BioShock: Infinite)

ClockworkSailor

Aug 29, 2011
Mr. Dunne... absolutely amazing. One of your best pieces so far. I love the call back to Little Sister, many because I have to listen to that song a lot because somehow its my 16 month old daughter favorite... I have yet to figure that out. Keep on rocking my good man!

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
I bought Level 3 the other day, pretty much as soon as it was available, and I saw a new song on the list that I had never heard before, and saw it's length and thought 'wow, that's a pretty epic length, I wonder what could inspire Gav so much...' When I saw that it was a Bioshock Infinite song, I knew that this was going to be something special, so I waited until today, with anticipation for this new video like you wouldn't believe...

And boy, was I not disappointed.

Gav, you've been a great musician for a long time, and I love so much of your stuff and have seen some great stuff of yours in the past that I honestly hold up as some of my favourite songs ever written. So when I say that this is something you should feel incredibly proud of, that's not a detriment to any of your other stuff; it's simply saying that you keep on getting better and better, and I couldn't be more excited for future songs.
Well done man :)

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Well.

That was FUCKING AMAZING.

Seriously, one of your best songs, it almost feels as if it's three songs in one.

Oh, and the "Little Sister" reference was so endearing.

Damn near brought a tear to my eye...

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Holy shit Gavin, that was beyond amazing! This is right up there with Sovngarde song on my list of favorites, if not surpassing it.

Now time to go listen to Little Sister again.

slysean

Jul 16, 2012
fantastic... If you don't mind me asking, who was the source of female voice in this song?

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Just picked up Level 3, having a song that I hadn't heard on here yet in the form of City of Night was a nice bonus. Which game/movie/show was that for?

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
Dang. That was awesome. I love how you not only gave each main character a different verse in a musical style that suits them, you managed to let them flow into each other really nicely. And you threw just the right amount of "Little Sister" to let it be a little nod to the last song without it being too much. Definitely you best song yet.

Ranyore

May 10, 2011
This is excellent Gavin. The Joker's Song from Arkham City is a favorite, the Half-Man's Song is fun...this is incredible. Incredible work and please keep it coming!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Wow.
That. Was. amazing.
I don't really know what else to say other than that is one beautiful song and definitely up there with your best! I hope you play it at the next Expo!

Love the throw back to 'Little Sister' too! Especially the alteration of the verse from;

And I dream of the sea
Broken machinery
And I dream of the sea
There's no rapture for me

to

And I dream of the sky
Broken clouds drifting by
And I dream of the sky
My utopian lie

Love it.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
*unstopable clapping* I think we all know what my favorite part was. A smart man you are Gavin.
Captcha: "sing a song" yep, it is watching what i am doing.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
How appropriate that a song about a game that includes reality warping and alternate dimensions should include references to your songs about other games.

I know that the final "I dream of the sky" part was a big, and appropriate reference to "Little Sister, your song about the original Bioshock. Also, the second portion, with the Irish singing, the tune with the singing seems to mirror the tune of the marching tune in "His Father's Son" while the voice of the singing seems a bit reminicient of "Nord Mead". Those are the references I'm sure of,

However, I can't help but hear a bit of "Redemption Blues" in the guitar bit before the "I dream of the Sky" section; and I feel that the "hybrid face of time and space" bit has a similar cadence to another one of your songs, "Call of Duty Circus" is the first one that comes to mind, but I think that I might be wrong with that.

Anyways, sir, a magnificient song, as always, but I believe that this is one of your best. The variety and the content was simply amazing.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
I haven't even played the game, but oh man. Damn, dat last section.

Cool track again, Gav, this is easily one of my new favorites.

riftermcriftington

Dec 11, 2010
Ken Levine and Co worked their asses off to make Infinite a worthy successor to Bioshock so to have you endeavored to make this a worthy successor to Little Sister and you accomplished it brilliantly. This is a great song so full of depth and complexity. I was afraid to watch it he video lest it spoil the game for me (won't be able to buy it for a long while because of localization issues). I listen to Little Sister (all of Level 1 actually) quite often and I've been waiting to see how you would top Little Sister. Bravo as always.

Almack

May 1, 2012
ok so I'll be honest the first time I listened to this was on miracle of sound band camp and some how I was listening to two songs playing with one only slightly after the other and before a I realized what I had done I thought he was being clever with the whole multiverse thing. I suggest anyone to listen to it like this.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Holy shit, Gavin, this is awesome. And Little Sister is already one of my favourites, so double points! I love how fractured it all is - I haven't played the game yet but I get a real sense of the multiple worlds element. My only problem is the chord sequence near the beginning that is the same as Do They Know It's Christmas...

JakeM_10

Feb 8, 2012
[Kira Must Die said:
]Female Locals...? -_-

Other than that, wow... that was really damn good.
What's so wrong with female vocals? Lorna did a stellar job in this one.

OT: Incredible, Gav! Absolutely amazing. If I hadn't already decided on getting Level 3 as soon as it came out, this would certainly be an album-seller. Now rest, get some of that lost sleep back and keep being the awesome musician you've always been. :)