Miracle of Sound: Dream of the Sky (BioShock: Infinite)

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
How did you manage to fit so many different styles into the same song and still make it work? Mr Dunne, you are a genius.

Matthi205

Mar 8, 2012
I haven't played through Bioshock Infinite yet, so I feel I can't really appreciate it as much as I should.

But it's still amazing.

That's about the only word I know that fits (except maybe the phrase "holy sh*t". But I don't want to use that.).

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
JakeM_10 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]Female Locals...? -_-

Other than that, wow... that was really damn good.
What's so wrong with female vocals? Lorna did a stellar job in this one.
No, I was just pointing out the word "Vocals" was misspelled in the video.

JakeM_10

Feb 8, 2012
[Kira Must Die said:
]
JakeM_10 said:
Oh... heh sorry. And here I thought YOU were the one who misspelled Vocals. Good day to you then. :)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
JakeM_10 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
JakeM_10 said:
Oh... heh sorry. And here I thought YOU were the one who misspelled Vocals. Good day to you then. :)
Heh, yeah I'll have that fixed in a bit.

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
Most inconsistent song of yours. It's even toped Dead Island one. And yet every part of it is brilliant. Irish part and Luteces wonderfully done. Last "Little Sister"-part made me shiver. And the slow start just like the game. That's just WOW!

The only downpart is there's no core to this song. Like the "Little Sister" song - the moment it started kicking in I already understood what you did there. Sooo maybe it would be better to make like 3 or 4 songs instead of one (even as awesome as it turned out to be)? Well, or maybe It's just me wanting MOAR of those songs... please :3

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
SirCannonFodder said:
Just picked up Level 3, having a song that I hadn't heard on here yet in the form of City of Night was a nice bonus. Which game/movie/show was that for?
I made it with Cyberpunk 2077 in mind :)

kailus13 said:
How did you manage to fit so many different styles into the same song and still make it work? Mr Dunne, you are a genius.
Grew up on Iron Maiden & Peter Gabriel :)

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Amazing! Would you say that a song like this is something you wouldn't have been able to have done with your previous schedule?

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
I'm not musically inclined, so if someone could tell me where the C-A-G-E bit is, I would be really grateful.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Loved it - incredible, beautiful, great shifts and different passages. There was a lot in there as you seem to have aimed to capture every aspect of a complex world, but by god it worked!

Captcha, what do you mean vegetarians don't eat France?!

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
It... It's... glorious.

Seriously, this is beyond awesome, Gav. I dare say it's better than Sovngarde Song.

Now let me just find my wallet. I have a Level 3 album to purchase.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That was fucking amazing.

I loved the callback to Little Sister and I got giddy and had a huge grin on my face when I heard it.

Instant favorite, and props to the violinist that played on it. :D

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
I don't know how, but every time I listen to one of your new songs and think "It can't get better than this", I'm proven wrong 2 weeks later.

That was one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Started tearing up when the little sister tune was playing.

Please don't ever stop making music.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Fucking hell, that's an album seller if I've ever heard one. Not that I wouldn't have bought it already.

To nitpick for the sake of nitpicking, the second "baptised in the water" verse could have done with some higher or otherwise harmonized backing vocals on the actual words, but this is still the Sovngarde Song of Level 3.

EDIT: Also I'd like to throw in another "fucking hell" at the tracklist of Level 3. I think this one might be favorite of them all. Not that the others aren't still wonderful, but the proportion of really good songs is rapidly growing.

Nightwolf214

Oct 12, 2011
Honestly this is one of my favorites of all of your works already, it covers all the faces of Columbia so well, and the callback to Little Sister is just brilliant. Absolutely fantastic work again Gavin!

Mistilteinn

Jul 14, 2012
This is definitely your best work, Gav. Hands down, no question. The way you broke the song up into distinct movements really gives it a much grander scale as it truly feels like you're telling a story with your song. In six-and-a-half minutes you gave us all of the feeling and depth of the game, and for that I'll say with everyone else: "Bravo!"

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
IamQ said:
Amazing! Would you say that a song like this is something you wouldn't have been able to have done with your previous schedule?
Absolutely. This song took well over 100 hours to make!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Phlakes said:
EDIT: Also I'd like to throw in another "fucking hell" at the tracklist of Level 3. I think this one might be favorite of them all. Not that the others aren't still wonderful, but the proportion of really good songs is rapidly growing.
I feel like changing to monthly was a good move. Gave me more time to develop each song & let it reach its potential :)

Mistilteinn said:
This is definitely your best work, Gav. Hands down, no question.
It's lovely to hear so many people saying this, there hasn't really been a consensus like that since Sovngarde Song/Joker's Song