Miracle of Sound: Dream of the Sky (BioShock: Infinite)

Larcenist

Apr 22, 2011
Zeles said:
I'm not musically inclined, so if someone could tell me where the C-A-G-E bit is, I would be really grateful.
I wrote it in my first post, but if I recall correctly it was 3:46. With the introduction to the Elizabeth-part in the song there are five single notes plucked, and they are C, A, G, E and D in that order (CAGED). While CAGE was a part of Infinite I personally found the addition of the D note to be a wonderful move.

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
That was breathtaking. Your songs are always great, but this one completely blew me away. Especially loved the callback to Little Sister.

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
Larcenist said:
Zeles said:
I'm not musically inclined, so if someone could tell me where the C-A-G-E bit is, I would be really grateful.
I wrote it in my first post, but if I recall correctly it was 3:46. With the introduction to the Elizabeth-part in the song there are five single notes plucked, and they are C, A, G, E and D in that order (CAGED). While CAGE was a part of Infinite I personally found the addition of the D note to be a wonderful move.
Ahhh. Thank you!

Azureraider

Oct 10, 2010
Whoa.
Whoa.
Whoa.

This has got to be the best yet. Seriously. I knew you were fantastic at making songs in all kinds of genres, but I wouldn't have dreamed it was even possible to put them together like that. You are a talent, Gav. An absolute talent, and I'm proud to have bought Level 3.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
A fantastic homage to the source material once again.

If you haven't played it yet, then this song gives you the same vibes in the same order of the game, in about 4 minutes was it?

I found myself once again glued to the screen by the end, close to shedding a tear.

Great job Lorna Dollery, Gwen Boyle, Justin Clouse and as always Mr Gavin Dunne. Bravo.

LolaDee

Apr 19, 2013
Thanks for all the lovely comments! I am SO impressed by those of you who got the c-a-g-e-d reference! When Gav told me about it, I was thinking 'really? You're gonna make me sing this awkward melody JUST to spell out a word that links in with the game even though no one will even know?'. I totally underestimated you guys! Impressive! :)

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
One of your best recent works. The tieback to "Little Sister" is masterfully done, and a great reference to all the multiversal parallels between 'Liz and the 'Lil' Sisters. Also, the whole Vox Populi part was twelve flavors of certified awesome.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
honestly, i was kinda meh through the first half. although keep in mind, thats your meh, which is above 90% of all other music anyway... so still pretty fantastic

but as soon as it kicked in with the irish jig section, then the reference to the little sister song... i'm in love. this is one of your greatest achievements, if nothing else then for the journey of it.

tl:dr... fuckin a. good job

2clueless

Clueless since 2003
Apr 11, 2012
Desperately need a repeat button. Other songs have been good, but this has been a pure joy to hear. Gavin, as others have said, awesome job mate, and to all those involved in the production as well. This may compete for my favorite song of all time. Each successive element of the track just gets better and better.

"I am lonely wherever I go.."

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Holy fucking shit that was absolutely beautiful Gavin. Not only have you captured the feel of the game exceedingly well, both in the style of music used for each 'area' of the game (Columbia, the racism, the Luteces, Elizabeth and Songbird etc.) you seemed to capture one of the core mechanics of the game within the song itself: the callback to Little Sister seems more than a little reminiscent of Albert Fink's use of Tears in the game world, taking music from other universes (in this case Little Sister, your Bioshock song) and using them himself.
Also, was that CAGE with Songbird take me home?
Some people might think that there was too many ideas and styles in the song but it fit the tone of the game, as your songs often do. Lots of ideas, lots of different styles, sudden changes in tone/theme.
Absolutely fucking excellent. Congratulations once more.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
That was an amazing song/set of songs, and it was exactly what I needed after today. Thanks, it was really refreshing, I guess I should get back to playing the game though.

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
This is absolutely beautiful.

I was at taken aback by the first thematic shift in the song, about a minute and a half in. It felt a bit unnerving, almost awkward. Yet, that was the point, wasn't it? It began to fit after you let it build for a few seconds.

When I first heard the tune around 4 minutes in, before the vocals kicked in, I swore it sounded familiar and was racking my brain trying figure out the reference. That Little Sister part was just perfect, and really fitting, considering the Bioshock throwback in Infinite.

It's been said way too many times, but you really do just keep getting better. It is awesome to see all that work you put into it pay off, because it was certainly worth it.

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
My favorite the part of the song when you brought the irish in you :D I also liked the lutece part :3

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Damn good song Gavin. And I probably missed a fair amount because my left headphone doesn't work.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Bravo! That is the best song I've ever heard! :D. I love how you kept changing styles and yet made it all fit.
It felt like a musical. I can't wait to play the game.

Reqviemus

Nov 18, 2009
The song, the whole concept was awesome. I loved the tears, and how well did you stick to the themes of the game.

Seriously, the only grudge I have it is that when I really start enjoying one melody and really get into it, it suddenly shifts to another great melody. I know that was the point, still being able to appreciate every part of the song on it's own would be wonderful.
You could make a whole album on Bioshock Infinite songs only.
Am I the only one who would appreciate a set of songs separately for every theme?