Miracle of Sound: Duke You Used to be Cool (Duke Nukem)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
ManStapler said:
Why, why do I have to verify my age? It makes no sense, I'm a registered user, you already have my age, this would only make sense if you didn't have it, but you do!
Because it's the ESRB requirement to ask for age verification once per session.

I've put in my birthday before, why do I have to do it again?
The guidelines for handling age gates require that we save your information for your current session only. Unfortunately this means that you'll have to enter your birthday again to see this content after your close your web browser. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
Must.....not....laugh out loud, at all the duke fan crying themselves to sleep.

Must. Be. Civil. X)
We aren't crying ourselves to sleep. We're just disappointed in Duke.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Russ Pitts said:
Duke You Used to be Cool (Duke Nukem)

You gotta make your mind up if you're modern or old school.

Watch Video
Is there a way to get rid of the age verification like on youtube? I'm only asking because my computer is private so the age verification is unnecessary.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the answer to this question up a few posts.

Great song Miracle of Sound! I remember Duke 3D fondly, I'm not sure I'd ever play it again but it does have some positive nostalgic value with me, same as the Heavy Metal movie.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Phlakes said:
When you said it was thrash metal on the Facebook page, I got a bit worried because I hate metal. But I am very pleased at the absence of growling and screaming.

Also, any idea when Sweet L.A. will be on Bandcamp/iTunes? Can't wait to get that one.
Today...

And metal doesn't all have screaming and growling in it. There are hundreds of different kinds of metal (I happen to like screaming and growling myself though)

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Imagine another Duke Nukem game...

One that didn't have more than a decade of trying to keep up with mechanics in it. I think it'd be pretty sweet.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Imagine another Duke Nukem game...

One that didn't have more than a decade of trying to keep up with mechanics in it. I think it'd be pretty sweet.
That's what we're hoping the next one will be like.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Phlakes said:
When you said it was thrash metal on the Facebook page, I got a bit worried because I hate metal. But I am very pleased at the absence of growling and screaming.
While I will admit Dave Mustaine sounds like gravel fucking a blender, thrash metal vocals really don't have screaming or growling. Harsh vocals, yes. Screaming? Nah. As for the song, what really impressed me is how the constant changes of vocal styles worked.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Duffeknol said:
Pretty neat. Not too fond of the super dry sounding guitars, faster riffs with that sound tend to rub me the wrong way, but now I'm just nitpicking.
I don't like effects on guitars for metal riffs. Especially fast ones!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
InsomniJack said:
I like the music, but... I'm sorry, I couldn't listen to any more of it after "You're an out of date, redundant sacred cow." That line is so awkward, even to read.
I'm all for constructive criticism, so please do elaborate.

Owlslayer said:
Well that sounded good, even tho i don't usually like heavier stuff, if you can call it that. I did like the lighter parts of the song more, i guess.
But some parts of that video were pretty disturbing. Lovely.
Yeah those alien rape scenes are some pretty grim stuff. That was the moment Duke changed from a loveable buffoon into a heartless prick.

Apr 28, 2008
I've heard quite a bit about how this would be the return of the 90's shooter.

90's shooter my ass.

Hopefully Serious Sam 3 doesn't suck.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Russ Pitts said:

Watch Video
I don't want to sound rude Mr. Pitts but doesn't usally the person who makes the series make the first post in the thread? Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, it's just usally Miracle of Sound makes the first post or is this something new the Escapist is doing?

OT: Interesting song, you taste how frustrated the singer is with the let down the game was and all the squandered potential in it. Not a fan of the metal in the song but atleast it was very well done.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Bashing the Duke? How dare you, Mister Sound!

I like the song. And I like the game. Stalemate.
Actually, I like the whole video/music series. You should try teaming up with Rebecca Mayes for a song!

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
dalek sec said:
Russ Pitts said:

Watch Video
I don't want to sound rude Mr. Pitts but doesn't usally the person who makes the series make the first post in the thread? Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, it's just usally Miracle of Sound makes the first post or is this something new the Escapist is doing?
You're not being rude. But technically, Miracle and I make the series together. Miracle writes the songs, I edit the videos and then input them into The Escapist. I usually put MOS's name on them anyway, but I forgot this time. No big deal.

Except for the part where you didn't realize I was involved in making the series even though my name is in the credits on both the video AND the website. That is a big deal. I may consider banning you. ;)

In case you're wondering though, every video series at The Escapist has an internal producer attached who does the actual entering of the videos into our system and such. We technically have the ability to attribute the videos and first posts to whomever we choose. We don't usually use that power for evil, because we're not evil, but ... well, food for thought ;)

-R

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Lord_Gremlin said:
Ugh age verification. I'm 23 but i just don't bother entering real date, just anything that's old enough. Like 01.01.39.
I go for April 1 39 because it makes me feel more clever than I actually am.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Oh crap, I forgot, sorry about that. I did remember seeing in the "Heart of the Wasteland" comments that you do do all video part of this series, my mistake. Not sure why I bloody spaced out like that though. D:

I kinda figured there were people behind the scene's to get the video or article into your systems so you know what to do if there's a problem with it not playing or showing up.

Well thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. :D

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Christ, that's straight up my alley. It is also screaming for a dirt solo. and for screaming, but the entire song might have been too much.

A big fat thumbs up for you sir!

oh, and did the computer play the drums?

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Duffeknol said:
Pretty neat. Not too fond of the super dry sounding guitars, faster riffs with that sound tend to rub me the wrong way, but now I'm just nitpicking.
I don't like effects on guitars for metal riffs. Especially fast ones!
Kinda gives it an old school thrash feel, though. Not that I'm a huge fan of old school thrash, but many people would consider that a compliment ;)