Miracle of Sound: Forever Blue (Breaking Bad Song)

SquadronAce

Jul 23, 2010
Got some chills watching this, great song once again. Please tell me you are going to do a an Arkham Origins song?

DestinyCall

May 5, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I hope it still appeals to people who may not have seen the show too, it's also very much just a song about a man looking back on his life and feeling a little defeated and angry.
As someone who has not seen any episodes of Breaking Bad and only knows the general premise of the show from cultural osmosis, I can say that it stands up very well on its own as a compelling bitter-sweet song. The melody and rhythm draw me in even as the lyrics weave a darker story of desperation and bad choices. Good stuff!

Looks like it's time to head over to Bandcamp again and grab some new tunes. This one will definitely find a place on my frequently-played list.

You do great work, Gavin.

Larcenist

Apr 22, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Heh, I actually did almost the whole song in one straight take, adding in some layers after for the choruses. Any time I do that, and don't focus too much on making it 'perfect', people really seem to like it. I guess it just feels more natural to the ear?
I'm not the least of a singer myself sadly so I'm not that knowledgeable in the voice processing arts, but it might just be a whole lot like not quantizing too much. It just leaves the human feel which appeals to us, especially in an emotional piece such as this (very electrical pieces have their charm in the robotic feel of 100% quantizing).

I think I just generally like it when you add trills and slurs. Your earlier works don't really include a whole lot of 'flashy' singing, something that you have pulled off lately quite often once or twice in songs to intrigue the listener in lack of a better word. Never stop doing what you're doing!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Wow....gotta say, haven't dug a MoS song so much since "Age of the Dragon".
ha, that was the first song posted here :D

Larcenist said:
I think I just generally like it when you add trills and slurs. Your earlier works don't really include a whole lot of 'flashy' singing, something that you have pulled off lately quite often once or twice in songs to intrigue the listener in lack of a better word. Never stop doing what you're doing!
I will certainly keep this in mind for 2014 :)

DestinyCall said:
As someone who has not seen any episodes of Breaking Bad and only knows the general premise of the show from cultural osmosis, I can say that it stands up very well on its own as a compelling bitter-sweet song. The melody and rhythm draw me in even as the lyrics weave a darker story of desperation and bad choices. Good stuff!
Glad to hear that :) And thank you for the support on bandcamp :)

rofltehcat said:
Is it bad of me to want a smurf version of this? :(
Bad? Nah. A bit odd? yeah :D

SquadronAce said:
Got some chills watching this, great song once again. Please tell me you are going to do a an Arkham Origins song?
not planning on it but here, have a Batman song

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/6121-Rise-The-Dark-Knight-Rises

Frosty Ned

Oct 17, 2011
I've never been a big music guy, but I've been hooked on your music. I was hoping you'd be inspired to make a Breaking Bad song and it is awesome! The sounds emulate the theme song well. "Forever Blue" is a great play on words that fits the character of Walter White very well. I enjoy how there are so many layered meanings and themes to your lyrics.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Caleb Marmon said:
I've never been a big music guy, but I've been hooked on your music. I was hoping you'd be inspired to make a Breaking Bad song and it is awesome! The sounds emulate the theme song well. "Forever Blue" is a great play on words that fits the character of Walter White very well. I enjoy how there are so many layered meanings and themes to your lyrics.
Thank you, I am always happy when people pay enough attention to the lyrics to spot the hidden meanings. :)

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
As someone who has watched the series twice through already, this song captures the tone of the show extremely well. As someone already mentioned, the song becomes more and more chaotic towards the end, just as the show does.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
I know its late, but I have a minor criticism for this very extremely awesome song. I hadn't really noticed while listening to it on my computer or on low volume, but when I started listening to it on spotify to and from school and work, I notice the latter part of the song is way waaay higher in volume than the first half. I usually end up turning the volume up when this comes on (because, like I said, its awesome), and then having to constantly adjust it down as the song goes on. I love that the song becomes more chaotic at the end reflecting the show itself, but I don't think that means it needs to go up in volume compared to the rest.