Miracle of Sound: Kalros!! (Mass Effect 3)

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
jurnag12 said:
Detecting a bit of Meshuggah in there, it's awesome.
You don't happen to have listened to Koloss any time lately? :D
Glad you noticed :) Took a big influence from Meshuggah's crazy time signatures with this song. I think it takes a math metal fan to actually hear just how deceptively complex they are.
My friend is a BIG Meshuggah fan and music geek, I'll have to show him this. Great song by the way, nice to hear something that sounded a bit more modern metal. Your ability to create a song that's based on a game and with a completely different style of music in just two weeks is amazing! keep up the good work!

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
jurnag12 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Glad you noticed :) Took a big influence from Meshuggah's crazy time signatures with this song. I think it takes a math metal fan to actually hear just how deceptively complex they are.
Remembering your list of favourite 2011 albums, would this be a correct moment for "We all rip off Meshuggah!"?
Haha indeed :D Though we musicians do all have 'lots of bands that influence us' :p
That I know, and you're a shining example of that :D
Hell, counting you as an influence should probably count as several bands, counting all the different styles.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Epic song dude. Loved every second of it (apart from the fact that you didn't use the standard shepard face for the video, but thats a minor inconvenience). Love the fact that Meshuggha is an inspiration for you. Moar heavies!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
CardinalPiggles said:
My friend is a BIG Meshuggah fan and music geek, I'll have to show him this. Great song by the way, nice to hear something that sounded a bit more modern metal. Your ability to create a song that's based on a game and with a completely different style of music in just two weeks is amazing! keep up the good work!

Joos said:
Epic song dude. Loved every second of it (apart from the fact that you didn't use the standard shepard face for the video, but thats a minor inconvenience). Love the fact that Meshuggha is an inspiration for you. Moar heavies!
I think Justin's Shepard is rather good looking actually compared to most :D

There'll be more heavies in the future for sure!

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
MiracleOfSound said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Joos said:
blah blah blergh etc...
I think Justin's Shepard is rather good looking actually compared to most :D

There'll be more heavies in the future for sure!
1. May well be true, but it's not necessarily the face we all connect to the ME universe, even though some (most of us) made custom shepards. It's a minor disconnect, but it's still there.

2. You do heavy well; I'm looking forward to it. I could definitely see (hear?) you doing a creepy, Tooly/Meshuggah/Ulf Soderberg inspired song in reference to Thief/Riddick/some other dark cyber/steampunk inspired game.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
Hollyday said:
Miracle of sound is definitely an apt name for you - Every new song takes on a whole new style but makes it sound like that's the only style you've ever worked in. What next? Some light opera perhaps?
Actually the next song is something completely new and different that I've never tried before, both musically thematically :)
I'm really trying to think what you haven't covered musically, Techno, Hard rock, Western Rock Folky sounding, Smooth Jazz, Dance, Trance, Arabic world music, Instumental, orchestral (Kinda)
Yeah, it is kinda looking like the next should be opera. Or inuit throat singing.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Well that was... intense.

I'm going to file this one under "Not my kind of genre"

Which doesn't mean it's a bad song, just not my cup of tea. I can certainly see the Krogan listening to something like this though. It's brutal, to the point and uses very few, short words! Wrex and Grunt would approve.

putowtin said:
TheCaptain said:
Andy Shandy said:
What's that, 5 songs now about Mass Effect? Take It Back, Commander Shepard, Normandy, Crucible and now this. Luckily I love them all :D
It's for the Mass Effect Album. Or at least it should be.
Captain, you're a genius!

Gav, get on it, you only need another 6 songs or so!
(how about one about Garrus?)
I'd buy that!

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
Meh, wouldn't call it a bad song but I liked your previous Mass Effect songs a million times better. Found this one disappointing.