Miracle of Sound: Keep Drifting (Uncharted 3)

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
This song is so much better than Uncharted 3. I love the first two (yet to play Golden Abyss), but that game just disappointed me at every turn. I'm glad this song encapsulates the feel of the entire series, it really reminds me what I love about the series as a whole.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
xplosive59 said:
also the guitars at the end sounded like they were from Devin Townsends Ocean Machine:Biomech.
OmniscientOstrich said:
]

I concur, it did make think that Night was starting up for a second there.
Always nice to see Dev fans here :) And yes, this whole song was very influenced by Dev, in particular his more poppy stuff!

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
xplosive59 said:
also the guitars at the end sounded like they were from Devin Townsends Ocean Machine:Biomech.
OmniscientOstrich said:
]

I concur, it did make think that Night was starting up for a second there.
Always nice to see Dev fans here :) And yes, this whole song was very influenced by Dev, in particular his more poppy stuff!
Well if there is anyone you are gonna take inspiration from, Devin is never a bad choice!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well now I wish I still had a PS3, I completely forgot about Uncharted 3, which is odd because I loved the first one, I must have beaten it 5 or 6 times just on the first 3 days I had it, seriously I love that game, the second one was pretty good too but I beat it just one time, regardless pretty good song, it sounds a little weird but on a good way, like that guitar, I never heard something quite like it.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
I don't know Gavin, this one is sounds way too generic for my tastes. There's nothing in the song that really stands out or gets stuck in my head. Heck, I've just finished listening to it and cannot honestly say what the song's tune is anymore (unless that is what you're going for because I had the exact same experience with the Uncharted games)

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Never played Uncharted before because I don't have a PS3, but this song definitely makes me want to go out and buy one.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
You guys are ridiculously good at looking at a game and figuring out exactly what style of music captures it perfectly. The whole 80s rock thing is PERFECT for this series. Miracle of Sound never ceases to amaze me.
I get the feeling you assume Miracle of sound is more than one person?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I suddenly feel the need to put on sunglasses and drive on the freeway with this blasting. Great job, Gav!

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
Never played the games, so I can't really judge how well the song fits their theme.
What I can say is that there is something deliciously old-school sounding about the song. Love it.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
The Heik said:
I don't know Gavin, this one is sounds way too generic for my tastes. There's nothing in the song that really stands out or gets stuck in my head. Heck, I've just finished listening to it and cannot honestly say what the song's tune is anymore (unless that is what you're going for because I had the exact same experience with the Uncharted games)
I'd have to disagree - It's not catchy in the same way as Commander Shepard or Gordon Freeman saved my life, but it's definitely got something. I'm going to be humming it for a while, and my friends'll probably be asking me why I keep singing 'keep drifting...' under my breath.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games but I know the general idea, and the song fits nicely. Very 'one maverick against the world' kind of feel to it.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
You know, this is one of those few times I wish I had the money for a PS3, because this song really really makes em want to play the game just to see if it's as much fun as the song.

People need to use you in advertisements. You'd do better in convincing me to play a game than the trailers.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Hollyday said:
The Heik said:
I'd have to disagree - It's not catchy in the same way as Commander Shepard or Gordon Freeman saved my life, but it's definitely got something. I'm going to be humming it for a while, and my friends'll probably be asking me why I keep singing 'keep drifting...' under my breath.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games but I know the general idea, and the song fits nicely. Very 'one maverick against the world' kind of feel to it.
I'm not asking for catchy, all that I ask for is that it's memorable. I've never played Dark Souls, and yet I can still remember the tune for Gavin's "You Died" song, despite the fact that it came out back in February and that my feelings on it were neutral. However I can't remember a single thing about "Keep Drifting" except that it has a guitar and multiple voice tracks, even though I've seen the video more than five times at this point. It's not that it's a bad tune, it's simply that there is so little that's unique or memorable about the song that nothing sticks at all.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
The Heik said:
I'm not asking for catchy, all that I ask for is that it's memorable. I've never played Dark Souls, and yet I can still remember the tune for Gavin's "You Died" song, despite the fact that it came out back in February and that my feelings on it were neutral. However I can't remember a single thing about "Keep Drifting" except that it has a guitar and multiple voice tracks, even though I've seen the video more than five times at this point. It's not that it's a bad tune, it's simply that there is so little that's unique or memorable about the song that nothing sticks at all.
Fair enough. I've watched the video twice and it's definitely in my head. Although, memory is a strange animal - maybe it'll creep up on you... or maybe it's just not your cup of tea.

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
This feels like a reworked, improved, modern version of that Assasin's Creed Brotherhood song. And it's better. Way better. Now do a Psychonauts song.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
This reminded me, despite 3 being the weakest in the series, there's still something very special about the games that no other game really does

I am very very jealous of your avatar

Mgeneral2

Feb 15, 2012
Very good song Gav! I've never played Uncharted, but i do love this song. i didn't particularly like how it slowed down before it ended, but that is more pesonal taste anyway.

phantom495

May 8, 2012
that video was great, now i actually feel like gathering my money and buying that game because it actually looks legitely fun.