Miracle of Sound: Man and Machine (Titanfall Song)

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Hmm. I originally had no interest or desire to look twice at Titanfall. Now though...

Great music can do wonders!

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
TimeLord said:
Hmm. I originally had no interest or desire to look twice at Titanfall. Now though...

Yeah, I'm in a similar spot. I knew it was a game coming out in 2014, and had a vague idea of there being giant mech suits, but didn't know anything further. The visuals in the video got me interested, so I checked out the site and now I kinda want to try a demo or something.

On topic: Music is fantastic as always. Already bought and on the iPod. ^_^

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
I'm excited for Titanfall as well. I don't see why there are so many attacks on it.
<youtube=YVhfXHIg5UQ>

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Well done, Gavin. Great choice of tempo and tone. The tonal aspects fit well with the "giant mech" themes of the game while the faster tempo goes hand-in-hand with the fast and nimble aspects of the Pilots.

Might have to rock this song over the stereo occasionally while I'm playing Titanfall. ;)

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
I like the upbeat rock feel of this song. Almost takes me back to the late eighties hard rock bands. Lots of energy here; it appears you've had a great Christmas break.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I don't like FPS's, and probably won't be playing Titanfall because of that...but now I'm kinda tempted. Kickass videos set to kickass metal will do that.

By the way Gavin, I recall hearing somewhere that you're planning on doing a song about the Hobbit. Is this true or is my memory playing tricks on me?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Well done, Gavin. Great choice of tempo and tone. The tonal aspects fit well with the "giant mech" themes of the game while the faster tempo goes hand-in-hand with the fast and nimble aspects of the Pilots.
Exactly what I was going for :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TakerFoxx said:
I don't like FPS's, and probably won't be playing Titanfall because of that...but now I'm kinda tempted. Kickass videos set to kickass metal will do that.

By the way Gavin, I recall hearing somewhere that you're planning on doing a song about the Hobbit. Is this true or is my memory playing tricks on me?
Yes this is true, the next song will be based on The Hobbit :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Smilomaniac said:
I could definitely imagine this song playing, while sitting in a mech of my own.
You brought on the burn again Gavin, thank you.

edit;

I'd just like to add another thing. I'm hard of hearing when it comes to speech and especially when it comes to songs(Sort of like having dyslexia, but with sound). I can almost always make out what you're singing, unlike most of what's out there. You have no idea how much that means to me.
I'm glad to hear that, I do my best to enunciate as clearly as I can. It's also the reason I sing in a slightly American accent, as it's a universal one most people have no issues understanding.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Um, in the pic for the song on the main page, does anyone else notice a resemblance of the guy to a Republic Commando?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
TimeLord said:

Same happened here.
Objectable said:
I'm excited for Titanfall as well. I don't see why there are so many attacks on it.
<youtube=YVhfXHIg5UQ>
It's a bit of a wonder that this is the first time I've seen the Attack on Titan theme with Titanfall. (I've seen one recreated with cats long before this for crying out loud!)

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Nice.
When you said you were going for an industrial feel to the song my mind went to a slightly different place.
And with the heavy mechs and that sort of theme I was thinking slightly more towards these two songs:

Virus by PitchShifter

And N.W.O. by Ministry

Both I feel would accompany a mech battle fantastically.

I do notice both you and the PitchShifter song have a similar intro, however you mellow out after about 20 seconds while PitchShifter ups the heavy.

Nojh

Occipital Ostritch
Aug 10, 2009
This is definitely one of my favorite songs of yours. Along with Joker's Song and Roll Out.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Soopoib song; nice way to wake everybody up again after being so thoroughly chilled-out by Vistas.

Probably won't get Titanfall... It couldn't possibly fill that BattleTech-shaped hole in my heart.