Miracle of Sound: Mining All Day long

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
emptee said:
Nice song, still not what I'd call great but your getting there. The production is top-noch and the overall arangment is good, but the chord progression is bland as heck and the lyrics are still -going down a check-list- by the numbers kinda thing. I liked the DA2 better (altough I had my problems with that one too, it clearly being a heavy metal song in heart but sounded more like a pop-rock/metal).
All that said, I love this show and I'm looking forward to new material next week (edit: or two weeks form now :))
The chords are indeed very simple - that's a deliberate decision... I am a firm believer in simplicity when it comes to making catchy songs, and I don't make music for musos, I'm not Tool - I make it for everyday people who just want to hear a catchy song.

I never make my music more complex than it needs to be, it's just a stylistic choice. I keep the more complex stuff for the odd time I delve into metal, which I hope to do for one or two songs here further down the line!

Here's an example of my slightly more complex metal stuff:

Glad you're enjoying the show anyway dude :)

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
First off, Congratulations for having a special segment in the Escapist :D, I love your music!! Especially Commander Shepard and I suck at Call Of Duty :p (Which I bought off from bandcamp :D), I support the past songs should also be listed in Escapist, Just because :D.

Keep it up!! :)

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Ooh! I get my internet back and log in to find this? What a pleasant surprise.

Hear this Escapist staff: I shall be renewing my Pub Club in support of this new series! Thanks for bringing all this excellent gaming music our way!

Shorty11857

Oct 4, 2010
Great song, liked the DA2 one more but still. The production is incredible too and the fact you play everything yourself is really impressive too

Fact that you're Irish too makes it even more awesome

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Why isn't this on iTunes yet Miracle? I've bought all your other songs and want this awesomeness on my iPod too xD

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Roxor said:
If this isn't on the Ear Worm [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EarWorm] examples at TV Tropes already, I'm going to add it.

This is so Ear Wormy, I'm going to be listening to it on loop for the rest of the day, lest I get it stuck in my head.
Score! Evil plan achieved :D
Your evil plan was getting listed at TV Tropes?

By the way, this makes good music to listen to on loop while playing Minecraft. My wrist hates me for spending five hours straight playing Minecraft, though.

JohanGasMask

Jun 25, 2009
I was expecting a psychedelic rock song about minecraft because of the fantasy tone of the game, but your lyrics managed to sum up the feeling and or the point of minecraft. So good job, looking forward for more songs.

non_entity

Jan 26, 2008
Very nice.

I play DA2 but I didn't like your DA2 song.
I don't play Minecraft but I liked your Minecraft song. ^^

AKmontalvo

Nov 19, 2009
This is the first person ive seen who actually has their own series and bothers to respond the the comments they have, honorable sir

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Hell yeah! More of this. I shall call it the good stuff. Due to a sever lack of funding, I have yet to experience the wonders of Minecraft, hence my bitterness at their shock MM result, however this, good sir, is the closest anyone has come to persuading me to shell out that princely sum of whatever it is they're charging these days.

Also I love your other stuff. It would be call if as a nice little extra they were reposted here. Especially the COD one. Because you are very, very similar to me. But better. And yeah it's great to see your stuff up here, I feared that the Dragon Age Song was a one off special.

MOAR.